CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Impressed, but not too impressed

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impressed, but not too impressed

I haven't ridden any of the new 450s yet, but my fathers DS Baja impressed me a lot. Last month my R was in the shop, so I took his DS out for a day of riding. I think the power is phenominal...and his is stock. The DS has a fairly linear power band, but I noticed that it can "hit" pretty hard with the right traction conditions. I remember one time I was taking a long gradual turn in 3rd gear along a dirt road at a good rate of speed on somewhat loosely packed dirt. I shifted into 4th and the rear end slid out from underneath me (and he's got Holeshot HDs on the rear) - it felt like it hit like a 2-stroke! If they didn't weigh so much, I'd look into buying a DS......just my experience with the power.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Range Rover

ILIVSD-51 true hp is awesome beings we have similar mods, except you have a full exaust and i only have the end cap, but im glad to here someone with similar mods is as pleased as you. I always say this, but I think i will stop modding after this...its been a year since my quad has been fully functionable and running right so im just gonna enjoy it for a while before modding.....i mean....after a new CDI....and some sprocket changing....and different tires....and a big bore kit...and EFI....and turbo...and NOS...aw *** it....better sell some more stuff so my quad can be faster...

Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cline, I sure wish you could have attended the Jamboree last weekend. You could have gotten a glimpse into how well a bolt-on DS 650 does run on pump gas against some built bikes. I have some video if you would like for me to email them to you.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

I go back and forth with the mod thing. Sometimes, when I sit and think about it I don't have any need for more mods... I don't drag race and only cruise the dunes with my friends... but then I get spanked by the 450's and hear all you guys putting up crazy numbers... what was I thinking... I need all the mods I can afford. Can any one extend me some financing... I think I need the big bore... no turbo... maybe just a little nos. Is it irresponsible to blow my rent $ on the EFI? Help I think I'm out of controll.. check that, I know that I'm fully out of controll. I've been thinking of selling a kidney... anyone?

Old 10-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Range Rover

how much can i get for donating blood? what about plasma? you can give plasma like once a week...think of the possibilities....

Old 10-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe HPR will start an organ and blood donation program where we can trade for crabs and big bore's. A pint of blood is a 46 HV and an 800 big bore would be like a liver and and 2 pints.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds fair to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
Maybe HPR will start an organ and blood donation program where we can trade for crabs and big bore's. A pint of blood is a 46 HV and an 800 big bore would be like a liver and and 2 pints.
Yep, now your talking about the best of both worlds. Weight savings while adding horsepower. You cant beat that for sure...sounds like a plan. Where do I sign up? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: FatHolly
Yep, now your talking about the best of both worlds. Weight savings while adding horsepower. You cant beat that for sure...sounds like a plan. Where do I sign up? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Ya'll are crackin' me up......
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

come on....meet us half way on this one