CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

antifreeze in gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antifreeze in gas tank

Yes, this was Keishaa's first and, most regretibly, last post in the Bomb forum.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:04 AM
Pro Rider

ya we dont get to many ladies here in the bombardier part and i think we just sent her packing

Old 11-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

*smiles*

Nope ya didn't send me packing.
I am highly amuzed by some of the posts ( left handed hammers ) come on guys.
I may not be a mechanic ( grease monkey) per say but I do know my tools ( have fun with that statement lol)

Yes I put antifreeze in the tank but it was by pure accident as the gas container was marked GAS in my neighbors garage and yup I filled the tank without sniffing the nozzels first....guess thats a guy thing and nope I'm not a guy.
" The gas is in the can on the garage floor by the 4 wheeler " I quote the dude next door so I grabbed it up and began pouring and when the Bomb as ya'll call it wouldn't start....well you know the rest.

We drained the whole tank and let it drain over night so as to make sure it was all out.
My guess is the antifreeze removed the lube from the motor and other important parts of the bomb and now it's more or less crying for some lubrication.
We put a new plug in it right after this happened so not sure if it may need another one or not.

In the beginning when the bomb wouldn't start " The neighbor" was spraying this stuff from a can ( not sure of the name of it ) into the filter somewhere to make it fire up. It did work for a while then we dried it out ( wet thingy) and the bomb actually was starting with some coaxing after that.
Then we ran the tank and 1/2 of gas through it and now she won't fire up.
It turns over a tad then the battery dies down.
We tried jumping it ( that I do know how to do .*S*) but it still won't start.
The bomb is like brand new and was only rode maybe a dozen times around the property before I so graciously screwed it up!

Oh yes and we also drained that place under the (whaterever) where ya take off the bolt in the bottom of something...LOL ( you know what I mean right guys)

Anyhow.......I've read all the posts and came to the conclusion if one of you lived near by I'm sure you'd offer a helping hand and see what you could do but seeings this is the net, I can understand the laugh you got from the post. ( I'm a good sport)hahaha

Got stuff to do today, I look forward to your posts.

*smiles*
Kieshaa ( In Southern Ohio by marriage, But Purely Canadian in heart )

Old 11-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

well glad to see you didnt make your first post the last -- welcome to the forum faimly -- i guess this is what you would call a forum hazing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Well guys, you got to give her credit for coming back. Good laugh this morning reading some of the replies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Only thing I could think of is taking off the carb (rebuild) and tank and give them a heavy duty cleaning. Change out all fuel lines (filter too). While that's off look into the intake of the motor and see if it looks ok in there. Hope you get it running again.

Am I the only one that can imagine that braodband phone commercial (Vonage) music playing while she did this?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Kieshaa

I may not be a mechanic per say, but I do know my tools
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You gotta love that!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would have your neighbor take off the carb, take it apart and clean it with carb cleaner and or compressed air. Water doesnt pass thru a carb like gasoline does so its probubly plugging something in the carb even though you drained the gas tank.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Yeah, my wife likes when I sniff the nozzle first, then she cries for more lubrication, and I put a plug in right after that, then let it dry out (wet thingy). Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Well, since this is actually a serious post, all lines do need cleaned out and the oil too system too. Get this Pig running again, I've yet to see a Lady on a DS. I see those little light weight Banshee jockeys and wonder what they could do slinging around a DS with some of us Big Boys.
Good Luck

Old 11-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I still dont know what kind of bike Keishaa has...

I would completely take the gas tank off and turn it upside down and flush it out with gas a few times. (quarter tank at a time) Then take the plugs out and replace them. Like others said clean the carb out. If its not a 2 stroke then it may be gummed up from the oil. you said you changed the "plug" you should have 2 if its a ds 650.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yup what anni said (lol sounds like a chick too!) drain the fuel tank again, and flush it a few times. Anti-freeze is a pretty thin, yet oily fluid. So check your carb, get yourself some new plugs. You said when you turned it over you didnt have a spark? Make sure you grounded the end of the plug to the head. Remember it wont spark unless it is grounded. It that doesnt work take it to a good (male preferably) mechanic to help you out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Range Rover

Is Kentucky near southern Ohio??? There's some boys in Kentucky that know a thing or two about bombs. Bring the quad to Richards recreation in Kevil Kentucky and tell them the forum guys sent you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: antifreeze in gas tank