CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone using Roll Design Foot pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using Roll Design Foot pegs?

They need to be supported or cut.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

ODP I totally understand your point. If the brake lever was $150.00 I'd buy one as long as it was functional and looked sharp. I really hope th Laker guys do well with the plastics. I wish they Matched the Yellow tho. I kind of like the stocker front more than the new version. Plust to match the seat. I may convert my DS into a 04 Baja X style look.

Anyway.... your right.. compared to the Raptor (let's say) aftermarket parts for the DS just aren't selling as well as the other models. I do however see more DS650s every year.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

If you don't want to cut..what are our options? Can you make the stock guards work or maybe use some of the brackets somehow to support the fenders without the guards. Or, just buy the IMS guards??

Old 11-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Entomber
ODP I totally understand your point. If the brake lever was $150.00 I'd buy one as long as it was functional and looked sharp. I really hope th Laker guys do well with the plastics. I wish they Matched the Yellow tho. I kind of like the stocker front more than the new version. Plust to match the seat. I may convert my DS into a 04 Baja X style look.

Anyway.... your right.. compared to the Raptor (let's say) aftermarket parts for the DS just aren't selling as well as the other models. I do however see more DS650s every year.
Everyone I know in the business say that the DS guys are asking for more parts. I hope there will be a bigger market for that in the future - or at least, a stupid entrepreneur willing to make them for us! LOL

Old 11-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

I wanted the IMS foot pegs for awhile but the price is outrageous. I just bought a set of AC racing pro-peg nerfbars with the double wide foot pegs with the kick up extensions and they are such a better deal. You get nerf bars (which I needed anyway) and pegs the same size as the IMS versions for $200. And the whole setup is aluminum so you save weight. I know aluminum will wear down eventually, but I know guys that have solved that problem by adding a steel extension. Just my .02

Old 11-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

1BAD250R, did you see my previous reply about the price? BigG'sBikeBarn in Hawaii has these on eBay. I had bid $99 and left it there as I had noticed him listing these periodically. The first auction ended at $150ish and not more than an hour later I recieved a second chance offer for my bid price. Did the same thing with the second set.
When the second set arrives I will have the AC Racing nerfs with pegs for sale. They get in the way due to us not having reverse. I'll admit it, every now and then I have to get my feet on the ground. Impossible with the AC nerfs.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Bill..looks like you have the IMS heel guards..do you mean they are coming out with a new stlye?

Thanks
I had they They were not deep enough for me and the fit was off. The extra stress broke the tabs off the feners. I have some old TBR fender supports on now. They are coming out with a new style for the 450's first. I saw the prototype last month at IMS they have a more open guard

Old 11-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

I've been using the IMS pegs AND now am also using the IMS heal guards.... NICE.

I've seen the AC guards/nerf bar/peg setup and it's nice if your the type to ride with Nerf bars. However, I can't stand nerf bars and it's not my kind of resolution.

The IMS pegs are worth every penny. Do what he mentioned on ebay for $99ish... find the heal guards (White Brothers has them, I paid $100) and your done for $200 or so. Can't beat that!!

Old 11-04-2005, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, for your case the IMS pegs work as you dont like nerfs. In my case theAC pro pegs were the better deal as I was going to have to buy nerf bars anyway. They can be a hassle when you have to back up, but come in handy when a fellow racer slams into the side of you!

Old 11-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

I love nerf bars. I used to hate them. I thought they were ugly and heavy. I decided to try a set on my EX, and man, I will never go back. The protection factor is huge. Plus, they hardly weigh anything. Nothing better than riding a quad in a pair of skateboard shoes with no worries about protection.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Roll Design Foot pegs?