CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone using Roll Design Foot pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using Roll Design Foot pegs?

I got mine in the mail today, however I was wondering if there are any issues with the stock heel guards. Anything to watch out for? I also noticed two out of three rows is taller than the one. They look trick but are defintely heavier than the stockers.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

They wont work with the stock heel guards, you probably could "make them work". I have them and there awsome. There so much more grip over stock. I feel alot more secure on the rolls over the stockers. Yea there heavier but man what a difference. IMS does make a heel guard for them, seems like I seen them for around 125 bucks. I think the short row is so when your foot rolls back like when riding a wheely or off a jump that you always have contact with two rows of teeth. There sweet man, youll love em!

Old 10-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Been using them on my 03 for awhile and have a second set on the way for the 00. Can't go wrong with them as they offer so much more control and stability over the stock ones. When you get rid of the stock heel guards you are shaving off the added weight of the IMS'.
I happened to have had an extra set of the aluminum fender braces that came with the AC Racing nerf bars and got rid of the stock steel and plastic set up. Waiting for the right deal to come along on the IMS heel guards, but with the sticking ability of the Roll Design, I feel confident that my feet aren't going to end up near the tire tread anyway.

A fender bracket could easily be fabricated and the big plastic guards sold to compensate for the expense. First time I saw the IMS at a show I knew they would be nice to have but for $239 I knew I'd never own them. Picked them up brand new off of eBay for $99+$16 s&h. I feel like it they are well worth that cost.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I had them on my DS for a few years. I had shaved fenders to the heel guards were not an issue. Your boots will hardly ever slip, but if they do, your shins will come in contact with those stainless steel teeth - PAIN! Your brain will never let that happen a 2nd time - I promise. LOL

Old 10-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

LOL ODP!!!

Yeah I was looking at them. They almost look like a sprocket-ish teeth in apperance on the ends. They are very trick indeed. I ONLY wish Roll Design would make a shifter and brake pedal. They say the tooling costs for it would outweigh what they would sell them for, but how much more can it be to fit a DS650? I will trim my fheel guards to fit but does anyone have a link on an IMS heel guard that would work with these installed on a DS? I would prob anodize the guards black to look similar to the stockers.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

The tool to make a shift or brake lever for the DS is well over $1500. No kidding!

Old 11-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Those levers are about $120.00 each (on the conservative side). I'm SURE they can recoupe that. There are enough DS650's to cover that. Now if it was 15k then that is a different story.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Entomber,

No offence man, but I've run through the numbers. I think you'll find that the market for brake pedals and shifters is pretty soft for ATVs in general, and even more so with the DS. Take it from a guy who lives in this stuff every day, and has been for the last 3 years. The models dont pan out. You'd have to charge about $20 more than you said, but surveys show that most DS guys arent willing to spend more than $70. To make that work, you'd have to build 120 of them, shell out $1500 to $2000 in design costs, tooling for $1500 dollars, and $6000 in inventory. Thats an up-front cost of at least $9000. Its hard to swallow when you know most retail stores sell only 2-5 brake pedals per months, for all the quads combined. If you were in retail, you are not looking at recouping those costs for nearly 10 years. Are you still sure?

Old 11-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

IMS Products. they are coming out with new heel guards soon not sure when the or if they will make them for the DS.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

I have a set of "new IMS pegs" on the way also. So, they will or will not work with the stock heel guards?? If I remove the heel guards, do I need the fender supports on uncut rear fenders? Seems like they might collect mud and the extra weight would bend the fenders.

Bill..looks like you have the IMS heel guards..do you mean they are coming out with a new stlye?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Anyone using Roll Design Foot pegs?