CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Child dies @ dumont due to idiot!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child dies @ dumont due to idiot!!!

oregon

the sad part is, there are people in our sport that say you and i are wrong for callin johnny law to weed out the idiots, that to leave them alone.

to them I say they are part of our crowd, and when they look bad, we ALL look bad

Old 11-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

We lose areas to ride everyday by people not in the sport, that don't understand the sport. We don't need people in the sport giving them ways to do that. Hats off, turn them in when they need to be.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I'm right on tellin the guys their idiots. but i wont go as far as gettin johnny law. if you do thats your perogative. they really musta rubbed ya wrong at that point. Id prolly just kick their *** or sompin.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
This is terrible. why can't people use a lil common sense?

When jumpin blind dunes scope the scene first, then have a spotter on top watching.
when kids are around. Slow down and go around, they are the future of the sport, so set a good example.
I was spotting for Onefly a few weeks ago so understand being safe at all cost. BUT get the police if Im riding double[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I have never been ticketed in Or for riding double at least so far

Old 11-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

My prayers go out to the many people who lose a life, esspecially a childs. This absolutely is uneccesary, but accidents happen good or bad. I agree with proper riding. I also have a 8yr old son that rides and I worry everytime he goes with me to a place where there will be many riders. I am no angle and have had a small accident involving a child on a dirtbike, the child hit me in the side while I was running about 45mph. Luckily noone was hurt, this scared me so bad because all I could think about was if the child was hurt or not, and thought of my son. Riding is a very dangerous sport and taking caution with children is a must. This is another reason why I don't take my son very often. We all need to think before we react. Please operate your rides safely because no one needs to die for an ungodly reason. If you don't have kids then think when you ride because most of us who have young ones that ride already worry about accidents and this is very stressfull. I don't know what else I can say about this tragic accident so I will leave this with a prayer. God bless! RUSS

Old 11-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: learnem
oregon

the sad part is, there are people in our sport that say you and i are wrong for callin johnny law to weed out the idiots, that to leave them alone.

to them I say they are part of our crowd, and when they look bad, we ALL look bad
The sheriff and I were pretty good friends. So, I knew he wouldnt be a butt if he didnt need to. He cut me some slack once, and I always felt I owed him. That driver was pretty bad, and I felt no remorse about turning him in - probably saved at least one hospital trip for someone. There are times you can do it yourself, which in most cases, is the way to go. Once in a while there are people that are so bad that you know in your gutt something has to be done before someone gets seriously hurt. Especially when the traffic is as bad as it was. I feel no remorse for calling in the calvary when it needs to be called. So far, in the last 6 years of riding, thats happened once, I'd do it again if I had to.

I know a friend that was spotting for a 4X4 that was jumping some dunes at 2am at Sandlake. I wasnt with him, but I heard about it, and saw what happened afterwords. My friend, who was spotting, didnt realize that a quad and rider rode into the landing zone of this 4X4 - The quad rider was crushed to death. The driver of the vehicle is still probably in trouble with the law. The family of the person crushed, is still dealing with it. And my friend is still tormented from the accident. I wish that I would have been there. But I wasn't. If I was, I wonder what I would have done - If I would have done something different. One thing for sure, when I ride and we jump our quads, you'll find that I nearly always volunteer to be spotter at the top. Some of you know me, and ride with me - now you understand why I do it.

It is true, you cant protect yourself 100%. And I sure as heck dont think Johnny Law is the answer 99% of the time. But its that 1% thats a fricken beotch to deal with. I guess everyone has thier way. Those that ride at Sandlake, know that if you dont have a flag, are drunk driving a 4X4 and are using quads as target practice, you better believe that the principle of sooner or later is gonna come get you - be thankful if its sooner.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We form a circle around the children when out in the dunes, I was in crash with a quad and I was in a rail about 12 years ago and lucky no one was hurt. It did give me a fear of what could happen so we are very cautious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will go get the police in a second if someone is gambling with life Mark!!!!!!!!!!!! Drunk and Stupid gets people killed

Old 11-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Drunk and Stupid gets people killed
Good thing when i get to that point i just fall asleep by the fire huh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: sandbomber
We form a circle around the children when out in the dunes,
That was fun herding Duner down the whoops [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] thanx.

Quick Reply: Child dies @ dumont due to idiot!!!