CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Child dies @ dumont due to idiot!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child dies @ dumont due to idiot!!!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
I'm right on tellin the guys their idiots. but i wont go as far as gettin johnny law. if you do thats your perogative. they really musta rubbed ya wrong at that point. Id prolly just kick their *** or sompin.
maybe about 10 yrs ago, i woulda thrown down too, but now I have a house payment, a sone to think of, AND A HELL OF A LOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES!!!, plus, if my job got wind of me doing that, i wouldn't work there any more, you know ,pillar of the community and all

Old 11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with Mysteried 100%.

If you take your kids the dunes on a busy weekend you have to restrict thier movements. They cant have equal share of the landscape on thier own, you must be "mother Goose" and make sure they are out of harms way 100% of the time. When you have the dunes to yourselves, then they can expand their boundaries and learn thier riding skills. On a busy weekend though they need to be out of the way, no matter how much they wine about riding more!

bigger.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol

1) Dont ride dunk and stupid
2) Ride with friends
3) if you dont know the area, ride with someone that does
4) Jump with a spotter
5) Stay out of blind spots
6) If you dont know how to ride, ride with someone that does and is willing to teach you.

Thats all I have to say.
AMEN
And thats about all the regulation we need. Keep the rest away. We should be capable of regulating ourselves.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are preaching to the choir..... I don't think anyone on this site participates in that kind of activity. Its just not the culture of this site. Most of those who ride that way do so because they are fools and haven't had the necessary exposure to those of us who ride with respect for others.

It is up to us to police the best we can and also to educate, not only those who we see riding that way but to educate those who are with us as to the dangers in our sport.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCOUNDREL
You guys are preaching to the choir..... I don't think anyone on this site participates in that kind of activity. Its just not the culture of this site. Most of those who ride that way do so because they are fools and haven't had the necessary exposure to those of us who ride with respect for others.

It is up to us to police the best we can and also to educate, not only those who we see riding that way but to educate those who are with us as to the dangers in our sport.
Yes we are preaching...................To get on the idiot's a$$e$ when we see them f---ing up and giving our sport a black eye, and the liberals ammo to shut down our off highway sports even further.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it happened again at Sand Mt. NV this weekend.
http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/ar...News/111020023
I work with a friend of this guy. I horrible story. A sandrail came over a razor and landed on top of three riders coming up the otherside. Hit Corey in the head and left side. The other riders were able to bail off and had minor injuries. These guys were experienced/safe riders that were hit by another idiot.
Corey, just had a baby and is a plumber in my town. Please pray for him as these next 24 hours are crucial.
How do we stop this madness?

Old 11-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

Cammer,

The problem is that people forget the keep the traffic rules. If you are in a blindspot, on a dune (Either side) and you are going up it, find the center of the dune, and keep to the right. That only works if both people on either side do it. In your case, I dont think you can call either person an idiot. You have a rail on one side going up a dune, and a quad riders going up the other side. You cant see the flags because the dune is in the way. KEEP TO THE RIGHT. Thank God nobody got seriously hurt in that one.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Cammer,

The problem is that people forget the keep the traffic rules. If you are in a blind spot, on a dune (Either side) and you are going up it, find the center of the dune, and keep to the right. That only works if both people on either side do it. In your case, I don't think you can call either person an idiot. You have a rail on one side going up a dune, and a quad riders going up the other side. You cant see the flags because the dune is in the way. KEEP TO THE RIGHT. Thank God nobody got seriously hurt in that one.

I would have to disagree Mark. Just by virtue of the fact the sand rail, and I quote "came over a razor and landed on top of three riders coming up the other side" would tell me at the very least the guy driving was not taking into account he was not the only one on the dune. To be airborne as you go over a razor back is plain stupidity unless you know for a fact nobody is on the other side and you have a spotter to ensure there is a safety margin if there is someone on the other side. I think we've all seen sand rails running horizontally in the center of a sand dune on only two wheels.!!.....Idiot is the correct term in my opinion.

Cammer, since your friend WAS seriously hurt we will keep him and his family in our thoughts....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCOUNDREL
Cammer,

The problem is that people forget the keep the traffic rules. If you are in a blind spot, on a dune (Either side) and you are going up it, find the center of the dune, and keep to the right. That only works if both people on either side do it. In your case, I don't think you can call either person an idiot. You have a rail on one side going up a dune, and a quad riders going up the other side. You cant see the flags because the dune is in the way. KEEP TO THE RIGHT. Thank God nobody got seriously hurt in that one.

I would have to disagree Mark. Just by virtue of the fact the sand rail, and I quote "came over a razor and landed on top of three riders coming up the other side" would tell me at the very least the guy driving was not taking into account he was not the only one on the dune. To be airborne as you go over a razor back is plain stupidity unless you know for a fact nobody is on the other side and you have a spotter to ensure there is a safety margin if there is someone on the other side. I think we've all seen sand rails running horizontally in the center of a sand dune on only two wheels.!!.....Idiot is the correct term in my opinion.

Cammer, since your friend WAS seriously hurt we will keep him and his family in our thoughts....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I stand corrected. I thought they met at the crest of the dune. If the rail wants to jump, they should have a spotter. As far as sandrails running horizontally on the side of the dunes, on two wheels - I think you've seen quads, two-wheelers, as well as sand rails do that. The only problem with Sand Rails is that some of them cant see where they are going when they do that. There are some that can. My personal view is if you cant see where you are going, why do it?

Cammer, I hope your friend gets better soon.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:47 PM
TPR
The Champ

I remember going to the dunes in the early 80's, kids could ride around camp all day long and not have anyone come within 100 yards of their position. Now we have to make camp large enough to keep them inside the ring till they are old enough to handle themselves outside. And one day, that almost failed when a dude ripped through our camp on his CR 250....bad news for him was the fact that he was camped near by, and 15 of us decided to pay that foker a visit...needless to say, he and his other buddies decided to leave within the hour.
I've seen too many accidents and deaths due to stupidity. People complain about the added Law Enforcement presence, but since the clamp down, the idiots have begun to be weeded out. I'll take a little more law restriction (If they also open more riding area) in exchange for more safety for all, because when you see Life Flight land on top of Test, Comp or Olds Hill (Take your Pick) because someone in a 400hp buggy doesn't know what he's doing and nails a crowd of people, then you realize that limits have been crossed..

TPR

Quick Reply: Child dies @ dumont due to idiot!!!