CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Scumbag USPS----DIRTWHEELS check

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scumbag USPS----DIRTWHEELS check

I also work for the Post Office. If this many people are not receiving their magazine then I would look to dirt wheels. I'm not saying that it's not the Post office but for it to happen 3 times is a bit suspect. These magazines run thru machines and can sometimes jam and get torn up. But the possiblities of this happening 3 times is a bit remote. Dirt Wheels is a "Periodical" and is considered second class mail and is worked as soon as it hits the dock. I hope you get to the bottom of this.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

yep!!!east central illinois

Old 11-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

last week Dublin....but jee whiz give the postal guy a break...my postman is pretty cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

yep in oklahoma

Old 11-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't bother killing the messenger, it will only make an enemy of the guy / gal you are yelling at.

I would suggest picking your battles, the USPS is what it is, and no matter how much you blow up at the person behind the counter - the USPS will still be what it is, and you'll have one less friend in the world.

My beef with the USPS is this: The USPS already has the infrastructure to do a full package delivery service on par with UPS and FedEx, this type of service would make them more profitable using the same equipment they already have, albeit more of it. Why doesn't the USPS step up and start competing? Maybe buy DHL or something to boost the process. Having three or four GOOD options on delivery carriers would NOT be a bad thing.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackHawk
Don't bother killing the messenger, it will only make an enemy of the guy / gal you are yelling at.

I would suggest picking your battles, the USPS is what it is, and no matter how much you blow up at the person behind the counter - the USPS will still be what it is, and you'll have one less friend in the world.

My beef with the USPS is this: The USPS already has the infrastructure to do a full package delivery service on par with UPS and FedEx, this type of service would make them more profitable using the same equipment they already have, albeit more of it. Why doesn't the USPS step up and start competing? Maybe buy DHL or something to boost the process. Having three or four GOOD options on delivery carriers would NOT be a bad thing.
For the life of me I'll never understand this either. Like when the UPS strike was on. What did the Post Office do?? They said "we can't handle it!" WTF! If I would have been in charge I would have said "We are going to take away as much buisness from UPS as we can" and then do whatever it took to get the job done. The Post Office has a sense of complacency I've really never understood. If it weren't for letters and bulk mail we would have been out buisness years ago. Man you got me going!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The shipping business is growing - there is room for the USPS to come up and be a big player. I agree, the UPS strike would have been the PERFECT opportunity to make one hell of a jump start into that business. However even now I'd have to say is a good time - with all of the mail order of good across the internet; not to mention the fact the USPS is the cheapest way to ship to and from Canada - that fact alone would bring in a good number of clients; if nothing else at least for Canadian shipments. I do a lot of shipping in my business and if the USPS would position themselves to be viable, I would use them. I need the good features of UPS / FedEx - package tracking, package pickup and delivery etc. Its not like the USPS doesn't come by my house every day in a small truck - so give the guy a bigger truck and start shipping big packages! It seems to me that is a gold mine the USPS is just pissing away. I bet working for them, it kills you twice as much as it does me.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Boy does it ever! They seemed to have given up on parcels 10-15 years ago. I agree with you on the USPS being viable. For one reason there's so many people that cannot stand UPS (me being one of them) because of delayed shipments, damaged packages etc... I don't know if you know about "click and ship" but it's really in it's infancy right now but am hoping it will be a winner for the Post Office. THe other thing that sucks about the post office is their tracking service. It's pathetic. If they would just put some money to it we could make a go of it. Heck we are using FedEx planes so the issue of having packages on commercial flights isn't a problem anymore. They are really putting a lot of money right now into anti-terror machines that test for anthrax while in the mailstream which is a waste of money seeing as terrorist could use any number of things to use instead of anthrax. Oh well. The Government will bail us out again if the need arises. Pathetic eh.