CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

riding gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding gear

i am looking to get gear, i see rocky mountain has packages with different brands

any gear company to stay away from --oneil.thor, no fear, lbz,moose, answer, fox

if you buy a package youcan add A R C boots...how are these?

Old 11-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default riding gear

nobody has gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on guys

Old 11-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Default riding gear

Sorry, I ride butt nekkid.

Really though, I've found that the different manufacturers have a wide variance of sizes and you can't rely on one XXL to be the same size as someone elses. Just have to try then all out and make an educated choice. I've yet to fine a pair of riding pants to fit my big ***. I wear a 40x36 jean, can find nothing longer than 34 from any manufacturer. Even kidney belts of the same size can have a six to eight inch length difference.
Not trying to confuse matters, just relaying my experience.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default riding gear

I buy most of my gear on ebay. You can save alot sometimes plus the stores that sell alot on there you can call them direct and save also

Old 11-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Range Rover
Default riding gear

Chris, instead of the ARC boots go with the Oneal ATV sole boot. They only have three straps but it allows for more flexibility when walking. Also the luged sole works much better for walking or getting traction in mud or rough terrain. They also give you more bite on you foot pegs.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default riding gear

Hey Chris. There are so many manufactures of gear out there to choose from. Check out rocky mountain.com and motorcycle-superstore.com. They both have good prices. If you keep your eye out you can some times find close outs or sales that will save you some money. Like the others said ebay is also a great source for items just watch you don't get caught up in bidding on something used that you can get for new for the same price or less. I myself have to pairs of pants. One for summer (Fox) and another for winter(Moose). This is a must as you don't want to be sweating in the summer or cold in the winter. I have had all types of riding boots in my time and I must say I bought a pair of Thor Quadrant ATV boots off ebay new for $99.00 and shipping. Everyone else wanted $129.99 and up. Here is the link at Rocky mountain.
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/prod...vType=closeout
These boots for the money are the bomb.

Stay away from the cheap Oneal boots as they are not to comfortable and take forever to break in. They are very stiff.

Hope this helps. D

Old 11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Range Rover
Default riding gear

Chris, As far as boots you really need to go somewhere that sells them and try on different pairs as not all peoples feet are created equal. Just as the last poster stated he liked Thors and many people have them and like them. I, on the other hand, had a pair of T-30 Thor boots and they were just not for me. I like my FOURs which are based on Oneals. If you want a really good boot then go with Alpinestars Tec 8, but you will pay dearly for them and they have smooth soles. Also size runs different for different makes as stated before. If you are trying boots on take with you thick riding socks so as to get the proper size in the boots you need, as a well made and heavy riding sock may be the only thing between you and blisters on your feet.

Trending Topics

Old 11-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default riding gear

There is only 2 things I have to say I have to say as for as equiptment goes Alpinestar Tech 8 and a first rate helmet..... Put your money in your helmet first , then your boots. The rest is not AS imortant. Get a vented helmet with a removable liner to wash. The boots can make or break a ride and cheap azz buckles with drive you crazy. Ive had my Alpines for 5 years and they are THE BEST! Granted I have not tried any of the other top rated boots but I have had plenty of bad ones!
Protect your mellon dude! Dont buy the 100.00 special , get the one that fits everywhere and works... DOT and SNELL ratings are a must!

happy hunting ..... JP