CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Glamis Dunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis Dunes

Nice vids and pics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Armagosa looks a little like dumont. Is it?? I've never been to Armagosa thats why im asking.

Glamis isn't my fav either. But each time i go. I like it better than the time before. You just need to explore a little more is all.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Dunes

Armagosa is not Dumont, but if you go north of Dumont for about an hour or so you will be at Armagosa.

I would hope to find something somewhere in glamis that is "like" comp hill at Armagosa. China wall sounds good.

So this might be a good time to ask for a few DS guys to setup a weekend glamis trip (not a busy weekend).

I still need some more input on my skat trak hauler 8 paddles, they are waisted. I think they were dry and old from storage and they just ripped up.

I need new ones before I go out again. What should I get???? I like the hill, and I launch very hard.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Dunes

Originally posted by: ILivSD
Hi there BajaX04,

If you were looking for a BIG STEEP NASTY hill with TEETH .....
LOL .... As long as I dont hear any bloody COCONUTS banging together!

Old 11-09-2005, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Dunes

Originally posted by: BajaX04
I still need some more input on my skat trak hauler 8 paddles, they are waisted. I think they were dry and old from storage and they just ripped up.

I need new ones before I go out again. What should I get???? I like the hill, and I launch very hard.

Sounds like you may like the Extreme Haulers. They've got re-inforced paddles and don't bend as easily. That can be a plus or a minus depending on how you look at it. Some racers like for a paddle to have a little flex for good accleration. The exremes have a little less flex.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Dunes

It's a matter of preference for riding areas.... Some like whoops, some hate'em.
Some like steep and long, short and fast... it's whatever you like, or are accustomed to.

I'd be hard pressed to have you say "it blows" if I took ya for a dune ride... I don't think you'd ever drop below 3rd and a cool off would be for you and the bike/quad. (ya... I'm braggin a bit... but I've led our groups for years in Mother G... and never a complaint)

It seems when you visited Glamis you just missed some of the fun by "hill hunting". If your just after shootin' the hill... then, well... I'd think my day sucked too. I can't stand to sit at a hill for hours and climb it over and over again. There's no skill involved to go through the gears.... especially with no whoops to get you all off the seat. Like I said... personal preference.

Anyway... Whether I'm on the DS, or my CRF.... I'd like to take ya on a dune run, just look us up if you ever get to Mother G in the future... I'll be there for 7 days over Turkey week. Gobble Gobble!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Late.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Dunes

ODP, that's one of my favorite movies of all times.....lol.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Dunes

Its a good movie for sure. Its one of my favorite too.