CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

EVER DO SOMETHING CRAZY?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVER DO SOMETHING CRAZY?

ok i'll try not to write an entire novel but i did something crazy (my wife says stupid) 2 weeks ago after returning from a dune trip to little sahara ok, me and my freind were talking about how our bodies were sore and maybe looking at a dune buggie/rail might be a fun fix. when i got home i contacted sandbomber and he gave me alot of info about what type buggy i should look for and about how much they will run$$. i went thru all the internet ad's i could find but everything was $20k or more for what i was looking for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i really want to keep the $$$$ low in case i didn't like it or wouldn't use it enough. i looked on ebay and found a guy selling a sand limo mid travel rail (15" front 18" rear travel) with a ford 2.3Lt intercooled turbo T-bird motor aprox 240hp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] 2 seater with the good VW 5 rib bus trans and turning brakes, he built it last winter so it was very fresh and had receipts for $15k worth of parts. i started watching the sale put in a bid and "HOLLY CHIT" i won it!!! $7700 (think i stole it?). oh no now what do i do? stay with me now this is where the story gets good. we set up a time to meet on sunday half way between palo ks and me is des moises ia, no big deal i'll go down sunday eve and be back befor dark NOT!! i ended up meeting him just 30 miles north of KC to pick the thing up!! so i'm gasing up for the trip home and it hit me! i'm already about half way to little sahara[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] no thats crazy i would have to drive all night get there unload put on the paddle tires (came with street tires) ride for 1 hour and drive 14 hours back home. well you know it seemed liked a great idea at the time, so about 7 hours later at 4am i got a room in enid slept for 2 hours, drove the rest of the way to waynoka unload and drove around the park for 1 hour. it must have been a busy weekend because the sand was rough!!!! i was very happy with the ride of the buggy and very happy with the power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ok enough fun load back up it's 11am drive like crazy and just a short 11 1/2 hours later (some kind of record from waynoka to wisconsin) i'm in bed thinking about the next dune trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

forgot camera at home will get some pic's soon.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

So did ya have to ask the wife's forgiveness for the detour? Or for the purchase for that matter???
Be sure to post some pictures so that when your new toy keeps popping up on eBay we'll know it's a hoax. Seems to be a habit with you! lol

Sounds like loads of fun, and a good deal to boot.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now that is some crazy stuff right there....but, I know the feeling...what excitement. Im glad you got to try it out.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

haha, thats hilarious. i bet wifey wasnt too happy of that one though. lol. have fun with ur new ride though!

Old 11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ROAD TRIP!

great story[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I would pretty much say you have a great wife after all the purchaces you have made.. and she is still with you. true love.

get some pics up.

Did you stop by bigger's house and get him up?

Old 11-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

she's ok with it although she does kinda feel like a mushroom. kept in the dark and fed alot of chit.

Old 11-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol

Sweet!

Congrats on the new ride!

I'm sure you had the Bomb Busa paid for so, rolling that $ into this shouldn't have set you back much. That's the great thing about paying off the toys. . . when you upgrade, it doesn't hurt as much.

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigWaynester
ROAD TRIP!

great story[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I would pretty much say you have a great wife after all the purchaces you have made.. and she is still with you. true love.

get some pics up.

Did you stop by bigger's house and get him up?

NO, he sure as hell didn't!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Adventure lives!!!

Old 11-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

thats a great story can't wait to see the pics

when i get married i need a wife like yours! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: EVER DO SOMETHING CRAZY?