CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dirtwheels Mag- GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dirtwheels Mag- GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

Originally posted by: Scooter86

BTW, the funniest line in this whole thread, and the reason I even bothered to reply to this flame fest waiting to happen, is the very first one, asking if Polaris owned Dirtwheels! Polaris, perhaps the most consistently maligned manufacturer in that mags' history!
LOL, well there's something we agree on!

Old 11-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

16 years in advertising is my "insider" source. Advertising is, most of the time, code for deception. The art of deception increases sales. Ever wonder why every year they come out with a bigger and better toothbrush? Does the same thing it did last year but it has a whole "NEW" and "Improved" claim.
People behind the scenes know and work with each other. They are given a task and a lot of times are given a basic outline in which to write from.
"The truth is out there!" That is in forums like these. Real testing. Real riding.
Most new machines run good. They should get a machine and test it for a year and then give an evaluation. After running the dog crap out of one for that long, you could write a review that might be a lot different than what you are used to reading.
Like the old saying goes, "Don't believe everything you read." Even what I write!

Old 11-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

word..

Old 11-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scooter86
Originally posted by: Eaglecollector
All the rags lean towards the money. You pay them enough and they will say what ever you tell them to say.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I just don't believe that statement. You could easily do a search and probably find 50 threads of Polaris owners upset that there machine was slammed in the latest DW shootout. I am not a big fan of Polaris, but they have been on a role lately with the current generation of Sportsmen and the improvements made the last few years on the Pred.
Actually it's a good thing that you don't believe that statment is true and an even better thing that there is enough other people out there that don't believe that either. Otherwise the DW rag would not exist. With that said, I bet that if i payed you enough money you would say / post what I said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Prolly take more money than i have. But you get my drift?

Old 11-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Scooter, I do certainly agree with you about the first post, that was kinda funny. Polaris generally does get the short end of the stick from the mags - why are they getting rave reviews now? Well, that is a question we'll leave unanswered.