Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Went ridin the 250r today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finnally got to ride it today.The last time I rode it was about november!Anyway I got gas for it and 2 stroke oil.I put some fuel in her and checked the chain tension,tranny oil,over flow tank and kicked her twice and she fired right up!No choke or anything.But off coures I get down do a couple laps on our track and Brrr she fouls a plug.I don't have a spare so I find an old one clean it up with a grinder and heat it up with a little torch change it and I am off again.I went down next to the highway opened her up and i about went NUMB!That thing is more than fast enough for me!i guess I was just used to ridin the blaster and 300ex but GEEZ.How anybody would want to go faster on a qaud is beyond me.But it is actaully tiring just ridin it around!Trying to hang on.Then I hit the front brake and about go over the bars.I jump it and feel like I am still on the ground.I don't know why I ever considered getting rid of her.i saw a raptor on a trailer and tired to get the guys attention because I wanted to race but he kept goin.Was it anybody from this furom.there was a black and white raptor and a 125 dirtbike on a trailer.

Anyway I think the thing is awesome and don't know why i even considered trading.I got to ride the thing more often.And it would pull the front tires up as far as U wanted in 4th with 20inch razr's on the back.

So no I am not trading!Maybe for the 450ex in the new dirtwheels but other than that no.I also got a new helmet today.It is the oneal one in dirtwheels the red and black on.It has like a whole page for it.i also got my new dirtwheels today.It has been a GREAT day!

86 trx250r wiseco .020 piston,boyesen reeds,FMF gold series fatty pipe,power core 2 silencer,DG alloy series nerfs,JD performance +2 A-arms,Durablue eliminator 2+2 adjustable width axle,durablue posi loc axle nut,White bro's white power shock with adjustable res's all the way around,AC stadium series front bumper with # plate,Renthal trx250r bend handlebars,909 grips,PEP easy pull clutch perch and lever,uni filter,fastine braided steel brake lines,braking brake pads,motion pro clutch cable,nac's casesaver,18/11/8 holeshot mx's on mitchell .190's.21/7/10 holeshots on ITP .190's

Old 03-17-2001, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

ugly,

Glad you had a good time out on the R. I've got mine torn apart in the garage doing a mild restore (redoing some paint, replacing a lot of rusty bolts and nuts, etc., etc..). It may be several weeks before I get to take it out again. You're making me envious!

Old 03-17-2001, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

birdofprey as you know it will be worth it!I have offically caught the bug again!And until someone ride a moded 250r you will never know what we are talking about.Just like I don't know what a the banshee bug is all about.I have never ridin one.But if it is faster than my 250r I might have to pass.Until i get used to going fast again!

I am enviuos of you!you have the sweetest qaud on this furom if you ask me!

Old 03-17-2001, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

ugly
now your talking sense.
i cant wait to get my R back together. changed all the parts on the frame. going to paint the frame in a week or 2, just leaves the engine to restore next year. im hoping to ride by MAY but who knows. i also think i got plenty of power from my R but who knows a little more couldn't hurt

Old 03-18-2001, 03:04 AM
Range Rover

I see you have the boyseen reeds and and fmf fatty and silencer. I am putting both of these on an 85' 250r and was wondering how you jetted. The reeds say to go down 1-3 sizes and set the needle at the 3rd or center groove, and the pipe says up 1-2 sizes, so did you jet higher or stay stock

Old 03-18-2001, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have pipe and reeds. 160rd

Old 03-18-2001, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trending Topics

Old 03-18-2001, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

I went ridin out a my preachers farm today.Not really a farm.It is 18 acres.I am getting used to riding it.Today has been a pretty good day to.The kid that bought my old blaster is the preachers son so We went ridin.

We where lookin for some property line markers and found an old trail.So I start rippin down through there and it goes down a VERTICAL embankment.You couldn't even use the front brakes at all.You could barely walk up it.So of course I go down it and on both sides it is very steep.And I foul a plug!I finally get it started a barely made it up.I was like touching the bumper with my face.and it bogging down.

I also saw something very stupid today.The nieghbor has a warrior with a rack on it.He had 2 kids on the back both couldn't be more than 8 years old.neither of them has a helmet on!He starts flyin and ridin wheelie's.My dad started to go out a yell at him and tell him to stop but he left.I am 15 and I refused to let a kid ride on the back today.It seems like an adult would be smarter.the guy also thought he was hot stuff so I raced him and beat him by about 10 qaud lenghts on a wheelie!

when I got home I took it down my road and she cleaned out and hit 3rd and up she goes!hopefully it will last till tuesday when the bike shops open back up.

I have a 162 main in it.it runs a little rich with airbox lid on but it is perfect without it.I am not sure what clip the needle is in.I know it has never been touched so whatever is stock.