CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oil pressure/red light on...fix

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure/red light on...fix

Ive done a search about the red light comming on and found some info that may help. Well, My red light all the sudden came on while idleing today-- I run a temp guage so I knew it wasnt hot. So I checked the oil return and there was plenty of oil going back into oil tank. I then took the oil pressure sensor off and it was full of water, Well I thought that would fix her so I dried it out. NOPE still red light. I got a bit concerned until I read about all the failures from the 2000 model DS pressure sender. I took a chance and went down to Checker Auto parts to sniff around. Well I found a oil pressure guage at checker that fits.lol, Yeah its not liquid filled but I drag race only with this bike. I run flat smooth surfaces due to chassis set-up. Majorecho was a big help with the information he has posted about this subject along with all the others.

Heres what you need if you ever panic due to red light on-

EQUUS Metric adapter kit part#6848 -$8.99
EQUUS Oil pressure kit part #7422 -29.99

I wanted to post this for people who travel long distances and are diverted back home due to faulty pressure switches and red light depression(lol). Theres always a Checker near by to possibly save your motor by knowing oil pressure and eliminating the red light. Now I DO recomend a temp guage if you bypass the dummy light.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure/red light on...fix

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA MEN!!! I can't tell you how important oil pressure is on these higher hp bikes !!! well any bikes!! I've learned the hard way!!

Thanks annihilater Good to know Bud