CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

a shaddered face!!read this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default a shaddered face!!read this.

Glad to hear you weren't hurt any worse (like it wasn't bad enough). Here's to a speedy recovery and gettin' you back on your DS soon.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are lucky to be alive, alot of people have died at alot lower speed. I too am curious on the helmet situation. We all need to be more careful before we go blasting blindly. At least you are still alive.
Justin

Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, that was something. Glad you are getting on the better side, and hope you plan to continue to ride. Learn and educate others on the damage an oops can cause.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

wow, thats quite the crash, glad to hear ur ok, and i thought i got lucky when i hit that truck, i think u surpassed me tho,

Old 11-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah bud I hope you are ok. The machine dosent matter, that can be replaced. The one that matters is you.

I also am curious. IF you were wearing a helmet was it a closed face or a open one? I have a open face and am thinking about getting a closed face.

Hope you are ok.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

I as well wish you a speedy recovery. Sometimes areas we ride in and are all too familiar with can change over night, as in your case you said it was just outside your neighbourhood, so I assume you have taken that road before, and thats all it takes, a little (well not so little) washout in the road and you're in big trouble...

A little note on the helmets...I once was doubling a buddy home, he didn't have a helmet, so I gave him mine, we were going down a very well travelled trail, about 100 km/h, and I got a bug in the eye. The quad drifted only a couple inched, hit the tall grass on the one side, sucked us in, and flipped it hard. In all the quad flew about 200 yards, had 6k damage done to it, i lost my shirt and both shoes, he lost his shoes, but we both walked away absolutely fine. That could have been way different.

On the other end of the speed scale, One time I was indeed wearing my helmet, was only about 2 mins from the house, did a wheelie on a paved section, the grab bar hit, jerked the quad sideways, i fell off and slid feet first, and when my head hit, it pulled my helm,et off due to my strap not being done up/done up tight enough, and I suffered road rash all down the side of my face. Not only was the pain bad, but the feeling of stupidity of such an preventable ccurance. I was wearing my helmet, but thats not good enough, make sure it's on properly!

Back to your story now...Good luck man!

Old 11-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Crazy you are one lucky guy not to have been hurt worse.Glad to hear your on the mend.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

WOW Hope you don't have any permanent injuries and you're well enough to ride your inDeStructible quad again soon. I heard those things were tanks, guess that's the proof.
You've gotta have a horseshoe up your @ss or something, sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

my healmet is a full face.no i was not wearing my helmet.the wierd thing is i always wear it.i guess it only takes one time and it could change everything.the doctors said the hellmet could have made my injuries much worse.they said it could hav shaddered and the pieces could have gone in my face.yes i have gone on that road many of times but wen i went down it earlier that day there was no hole.i was told about 2 weeks before i hit the hole another person hit itanother hole near by and broke both his arms and legs.all my injuries are healing very fast.thanx for all your concern

Old 11-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Location: South Central Illinois, NO where near Chicago, that's not my Illinois

Get well and BEEEEEE SAFE, ever since I got married and started having children, (many years ago) I made a pact with myself and helmets. Unless I'm just putting around with the kids I wear a lid, it seems as if most fatal accidents are / were servivable if the rider had been wearing.

Good luck and good to see your getting back in the groove.

Quick Reply: a shaddered face!!read this.