CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

a shaddered face!!read this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:35 AM
DOA
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a shaddered face!!read this.

What kind of doctor would say that you would have been worse off with a helmet on?

Idiot is a good word for that doctor, 10 days before you came too and a helmet would have made it worse, yea right.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CrazyRider826
and was airvacked and got to the hospital with a shaddered face,shaddered nose,my eye socket messed up,nocked my front two teeth out,a crack in my forhead,and my lips were split in two.i dont remember any of it.i was in the hospital for ten days before i came too
And a doctor says you would have been worse off if you had a helmet on? What friggin medical school did he go to?

Rick

Old 11-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: rpxr400
Originally posted by: CrazyRider826
and was airvacked and got to the hospital with a shaddered face,shaddered nose,my eye socket messed up,nocked my front two teeth out,a crack in my forhead,and my lips were split in two.i dont remember any of it.i was in the hospital for ten days before i came too
And a doctor says you would have been worse off if you had a helmet on? What friggin medical school did he go to?

Rick
This is the first thing I thought of![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

motox, what's the story on pic seven???

Old 11-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of quality helmet would shatter?

I investigate fatal collisions and NEVER seen a helmet shatter.

There are times that the forces involved are so great the helmet can be compressed and deformed, like a loaded semi-truck running over it or head first at 50+ mph into a wall, and in these circumstances even the helmet won't protect you.

I have seen MANY wrecks were the rider would have survived, or have less severe injuries, if wearing a helmet. I have never seen a wreck where a helmet has made the injuries worse.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Interesting topic. My neighbor is a Mesa Firefighter and he has seen everything. He made a left hand turn in front of some idiot on a crotch rocket cutting through traffic. The guy hit his truck and went spinning off the bike head first into the curb. He was perfectly fine, except for the brain matter he left on the gutter. His shirt didnt even rip. Another instance he was called out to a motorcycle truck colision. The bike rider actually left a dent in the truck from his body at impact. The helmet made an impression in the upper part of the truck door(it was a T accident with the biker going right into the door) At 30 MPH the biker crushed his pelvis and most of his bones were either fractured or broken. BUT he lived. Sorry Helmets are a must if the bike is turned on, you better have your cap on

Just my 2 cents

Aaron

Old 11-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

i agree, i don't use mine if im on the sand(not all the time), but trail, pavement or riding in a field i'll have it on. i wrecked a banshee i had,plus ive had alot of friends wreck on motocycles(some have made it , some didn't) my friends dad didn't make it and he had his on. i hope you get better and maybe this will make somebody else wear their helmet. i think u need a helmet and get a tank airbrushed on it. those ds's are bad a$$!!! just no reverse![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] good luck buddy

Old 11-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

i had a horrible accident myself, To make a story short a out of control guy on a dirtbike went on a jump over a trail and landed literally on top of me. Every doctor told me i would have defantly have died if i didn't have my helmet on.