CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Red Light/Oil Pressure Switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Light/Oil Pressure Switch

After my last trip out I realized that my red light was not working. It did not turn on with the key on, so I thought it was the oil pressure switch. I read the posts about this problem and saw that more than a few people had a problem with this switch. I got a new oil pressure sensor and replaced the switch but still nothing. After some trouble shooting it turned out that one of the connections under the dash was unplugged. After all the work I had done in the off season I must have disconnected it, and not put it back. DUH! So here is my question, the switch itself has a small yellow seal to keep out dust and water, but I have read about another boot that will seal it a little better. Does anyone have a BRP part # for this boot? I could not find it on some of the online parts sites, and my dealer is retarded, I think they can't get past the idea that I have an '02 and the part is from an '05... Do I have to cut and splice the connection to get the boot on. Also there was some sort of sealing gel/grease inside the sensor in the yellow dust seal, is that like the stuff you would put on spark plugs to keep the connection clean? Do I need it?

Thanks.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Light/Oil Pressure Switch

I also tried getting this boot after i had troubles but the dealer could not find it anywhere....he seen it on the ds in the showroom and knows what im talking about but he could not find the part anywhere. The grease on there is just di-electric grease just helps with the sealing a little bit better.