CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

One for the BIG GUYS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One for the BIG GUYS?

Gentlemen,

I have been a Utility Quad rider since the 80's. I've gotten away from using quads for only hunting and started trail riding. I like the faster machines now and am wondering what Sport Quad is better for guys 6'6" and 250 lbs.

My flexibility is still there guys but center of gravity is an issue with my knees to my chest. I've ridden the Raptor(love the agility and its weight) and the Kawasaki 700 V-force. The 700 fits my need for the extra seat height plus it does not seem to put my head in front of the handle bars as the shorter Raptor does. The Raptor seems to scoot out from under me in turns. I didn't care too much for the Auto Trans on the 700 and would prefer the manual clutch. It seems the only other BIG sport quad left to look at is the DS 650. (Not many choices. Kind of like clothes shopping)

Which would be better for me Kaw 700 or the DS 650?

Old 11-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THE DS650 WOULD BE GREAT FOR A GUY YOUR SIZE.. IT DOESN'T PUT YOUR HEAD IN THE HANDLE BARS.. AND THE SEAT IS LIKE SITTING ON THE COUCH WATCHING YOU FAVORITE PROGRAM.. THIS MACHINE IS ALL OUT THE BEST FOR EVERY THING FROM STOCK TO ALL THE MODS YOU CAN DO WITH IT..TEST RIDE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED...I PROMISE YOU THAT...:COOL:

Old 11-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

I would dare to say the average ds rider is a couple of inches taller and a few pounds heavier than the average raptor rider. I think you would be well pleased with the ds. Lots of big people ride em' and love em'. I would consider myself a large guy and couldn't be happier with the choice.
Justin

Old 11-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Can't go wrong with the DS. Comfort, quality, dependability, it's all there in a nut shell. You will not be disappointed in the DS.
Welcome to the few, the proud.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I appreciate the vote on the DS650. I've always bought Honda's for their dependabiltiy but they don't make a Sport Quad like the DS. It's great to hear that you think it is a good buy just for it's value.

Does anyone support the Kaw 700 V-force?

Old 11-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO................

Old 11-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Well if you want to own the bull- ds650,= cadillac of 4 wheelers. You really really need to ride one. The only thing I don't like about the ds is it's weight, but I am only 5'8" and 145lbs, so you can undertstand the weight issue. But the power and tourqe is what keeps it around, it's a rush to open it up and hang on. Really a great all around quad. RUSS

Old 11-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

I own both. Both have been modified and both are awsome bikes.

To make it more clear. Don't think that the Kawi 700's auto clutch is a bad thing. I personally know of MANY 700's that straight out ripp the guts out of a DS and put them to bed early. I REALLY like my 700, but REALLY REALLY like my HRP730 (DS).

I love to cruz around at mid speeds on the Kawi. It's fun to drive, fun to jump and fun to relax on. The DS is a far faster bike (for me) when push comes to shove and I'm riding hard. WAY more stable and MUCH better suspended. Not to mention that the build quality is unsurpassed. Makes Kawi, Yami and Hondo look like plastic versions of sport bikes. Not to put them down, but the DS is OVERBUILT.

Serious sport riding, I'd have to take my DS. But just for fun, I'd give the knod to the Kawi - I'd love to dis it... But it's a ball to ride.

I will say that I think the KAWI motor is far more advance and capable of producing way more than the DS - for a lot cheaper. Talk to Kawi guy about Fundy Motorsports motor packages. TRUST ME WHEN i SAY THAT THEY ARE SICK FAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the choice.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Go for the DS it's definitly the Caddillac of sport quads... you won't regret it the Rotax is every bit as dependable as the honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Teebone56
Go for the DS it's definitly the Caddillac of sport quads... you won't regret it the Rotax is every bit as dependable as the honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I would say more dependable!!!! Try spraying with a honda LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: One for the BIG GUYS?