CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Question about warranty on Outlander 800

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about warranty on Outlander 800

Anyone ever require any warranty work done? Curious about manufacturer or dealer response.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ripped my seat on my new BRP 800..They got me a brand new one in less than a weeks time.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Funny you should ask that. My good freind and I bought our 800 Max's the same time. On the first day out riding within about an hour here the battery came flying out. As it turned out we were able to make field repairs and get it running but it went back to the dealer the next day and they were great about it. It seems they forgot to put the strap on. By the way his speedo did not work right either.

One thing we learned was the battery is your life line.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

yep, no backup pull start like the 400 has, haha. I havent had to get any warranty things done on my 800 yet and hopefully wont have to but all the dealers around here are great about it.

Sean

Old 12-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

SFCBOB,
hey,MY spedo is screwing up too.Its ok at the lower speeds all day long,but if you take it past 30 a few times,the needle will read anything it wants to.I took it in once and they could'nt get it to mis-behave,however,I took it back to a much faster trail last weekend,and now its screwing up again.I was standing still once and the speedo read 40mph.

Im going to take it back in soon,I hope they fix it this time.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
SFCBOB,
hey,MY spedo is screwing up too.Its ok at the lower speeds all day long,but if you take it past 30 a few times,the needle will read anything it wants to.I took it in once and they could'nt get it to mis-behave,however,I took it back to a much faster trail last weekend,and now its screwing up again.I was standing still once and the speedo read 40mph.

Im going to take it back in soon,I hope they fix it this time.

Film the speedo when it messes up. Then play it back to them and they should replace it.

Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

GREAT Idea,
I'll do that.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

my speedo is also messing up. keep an eye on your exhaust when it acts up. my exhaust got so hot that it melted the bottom of the seat and part of the fender. BRP is replacing the seat and fender but they are still trying to find out what is causing the speedo to act up. the computer uses the speedo, & engine rpm to regulate the amount of fuel the injectors pump through the engine. it sounds to me that BRP may have a recall brewing.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

I've heard there is some sort of little bug of some sort with the speedometer that Bombardier is working on along with a few other minor teething problems.

I will say this about Bombardier, from what I have seen they don't seem to deny problems and run from issues. You sure can't say that about some other ATV companies. They seem quite eager to solve the problems as they come up. One gentleman I was talking to was on a conference call with a factory engineer, the owner of the dealership, the dealer service tech, the dealer service manager and some other factory people about his erratic speedometer and a stalling issue he was having when he was running his winch. The guys seemed really interested in getting things fixed. Since this gentleman had put quite a bit of time on the machine in some pretty demanding work around the farm and on riding around on trails they were really interested on his impressions and experiences with the machine and how it was working out for him and any improvements he thought it needed.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

200mph,

My buddy filmed his and showed the dealer. The factory said they are sending a new front wiring harness to the dealer for replacment. We will see if that works. Other than that we both have over 200 miles with no other problems.

Hey, If someone has a link for a good full skid plate let me know please. Also looking for remote winch control.

SFCBOB

Quick Reply: Question about warranty on Outlander 800