CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bare Bones Racing (WOW)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 01:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bare Bones Racing (WOW)

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Bomber, you REALLY think that the 650 will produce 120 without sqeezing???? Not to be a nay-sayer, but I'll believe it when I see it. I just don't think that the capability is there. I know that 85 is possible when you're working with the 800's, but even those seem to be realatively thin at this point.

I'd be the first guy to say - yea for the Rotax at 120. Just don't think it's possible.

guess we'll see.
There are power guys out there that know what they are talking about!! saying it is possible and they have done better with other motors according to displacement!!! so I believe them. I just hope they can work it out sooner than later!!!

guess we will see!!!!! I said the same thing about 100hp a couple years ago [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

we are still trying to get a 100hp naturally....should have already been there...
Joe- Amen- we got the power! If we can just put most of it to the ground!

Old 12-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

COME ON Randell you know that ya are so close that ya can smell it!!!! OK I wont tell LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Originally posted by: sandbomber
COME ON Randell you know that ya are so close that ya can smell it!!!! OK I wont tell LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh...to be a fly in my shop......Uhhh...I mean on the wall.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LIFE IS GOOD [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Get me my 850 soon LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2005, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

I know that there is power to be made, but at some point, the single piston configuration HAS to come into play and be a bad thing. More cylinders makes it easier to achieve efficiency. Sport bikes are a great example. Lot's of V-TWIN sport bikes at 1000cc's, but they are not making the power that the 4's are. I'm sure that Eric will hit 100 ponies, I just think that there will be a point to which the naturally inducted single cylinder will hit critical mass. Obviously we can turbo it, NOS it, even Supercharge it (there's your next project Eric! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), but I think naturally, where coming to the end..... Then again, maybe Eric and Randal have a 1000 big bore laying around in the shop!!!!!!

Here is where we need to be going.... Randal needs to have a few of us fabricators out to KY backing up Eric. Eric can start with bigger bore work, head work, pistons and cams for the Outy 800. Randal can sacrifice a new Outy 800 and we'll shoe-horn that tweeked baby in a DS frame. It'll be pretty cool. We'll all have HPR button down shirts on with a logo and take pics. Have it ready for 4SW and invite the BRP people out. Get some magazine coverage, and get some wicked-awsome press!

Eric should probably pilot the monster, I can play crew chief or security (which ever is needed most).

We'll net 6 figures on just this kit/set up within the first 18 months.

There, I've drawn the line in the sand!!!!!!

PS. Randall, I'll need that shirt in a XXXLT - June is good for me......

Old 12-11-2005, 06:43 PM

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
I know that there is power to be made, but at some point, the single piston configuration HAS to come into play and be a bad thing. More cylinders makes it easier to achieve efficiency. Sport bikes are a great example. Lot's of V-TWIN sport bikes at 1000cc's, but they are not making the power that the 4's are. I'm sure that Eric will hit 100 ponies, I just think that there will be a point to which the naturally inducted single cylinder will hit critical mass. Obviously we can turbo it, NOS it, even Supercharge it (there's your next project Eric! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), but I think naturally, where coming to the end..... Then again, maybe Eric and Randal have a 1000 big bore laying around in the shop!!!!!!

Here is where we need to be going.... Randal needs to have a few of us fabricators out to KY backing up Eric. Eric can start with bigger bore work, head work, pistons and cams for the Outy 800. Randal can sacrifice a new Outy 800 and we'll shoe-horn that tweeked baby in a DS frame. It'll be pretty cool. We'll all have HPR button down shirts on with a logo and take pics. Have it ready for 4SW and invite the BRP people out. Get some magazine coverage, and get some wicked-awsome press!

Eric should probably pilot the monster, I can play crew chief or security (which ever is needed most).

We'll net 6 figures on just this kit/set up within the first 18 months.

There, I've drawn the line in the sand!!!!!!

PS. Randall, I'll need that shirt in a XXXLT - June is good for me......

Man you must be that fly on my wall!!! Right now the best we have done is 88hp natural on HARD1's motor (check the dyno sheet on his pic page). Not quite 100hp but getting close. I think there is plenty of room for more hp but massive R&D comes into play at this point.

HARD1's motor makes 1.8hp per cubic inch at the rear tires. An NHRA prostock drag bike easily makes 3hp per cubic inch to the rear tires but they been beatin on that combo for many years with nearly unlimited funds. If we can make 2.5hp per cube that will be 122hp with the 800 and I really think it can be done. Assuming the bottom end is setup correct you can say that100% of your hp comes from the cylinder head, intake, cams, and exhaust. Our cylinder head guru say's that the DS head is capable of making 125hp so that's good enough for me. By the way he does NHRA Pro Stock cylinder heads for a living so he know's what he's talking about.
The DS wont go to 1000cc but is capable of 900cc if that tells you anything.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We also have an Outy 800 engine being shipped to us for R&D but it's heavy and I feel the DS will go faster with it's current engine for several more years.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

NOICE!!!!!

Eric, any idea what the Outy 800 motor ways???? I'm thinking that the DS motor is in the 100lb range.... but that's just a guess.

I still think we should get shirts though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm sure that there is a lot of R&D that has to go into the Outy motor, but that where I think it needs to go. If you are getting that much so quick, there has to be more there I'm sure.

If the Outy 800 is too heavy, then BRP may have to look at a sport based twin or even better a side by side two cylinder. I know that the Vforce motor is a heavy one too, but they are doing some pretty incredible things with it. That said, I think Eric is right on the nose.... most of the kawi's work is all in the head, carb and cams.

Eric, the way I see it you need to get me to about 180hp to take my size out of the equation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Looks like the ole BUS-COUCH-PIG will be the best choice for hp the next couple years without going to a different class with the twin!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sorry honda and yamme guys the DS brothas are gonna take it to ya in April LMAO just hope Im laughing in April and dont let those pesky 450 bug us!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 AM

My DS motor weigh's 105lbs with starter intake and twin carbs so your right on with the weight. I dont have exact weight on the outy motor yet. I do know that Aprilla has a V-Twin 800 Rotax with 5 speed manual tranny in one of their motorcycles. We tried to get one but BRP advised us not to waist effort on it. They do want us to make a good pipe for the Outy 800 though as they are not happy with the one's currently on the market.

I keep pointing back to the motor we all have between out frame rails right now. With a reliable big bore, carb, cams, and pipe and a small shot of N2O your looking at a reliable 100HP and huge torque all below 8000rpm. All this setting on the best suspended dune bike in the world. Who else in the quad world can say that!! Now we all know the DS is a little heavy but take a good look at pics of my bike during FSW last year, it looks very stockish yet only weighed 377lbs and that's with factory shocks. The DS is a bad boy we just have to touch it up in a few places.

Quick Reply: Bare Bones Racing (WOW)