CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

FCR 39 Keihin Dual Carbs - Who's running them? I love mine!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FCR 39 Keihin Dual Carbs - Who's running them? I love mine!

Seems the FCR's don't have the following they once did.

I've been running them on both bikes for years now and love them.

The FCR's are the choice for all the new hot dirt bikes and quads so, why isn't everyone using them on the DS?

Old 12-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a great question. Not only are the new bikes and quads using the FCR's. But a lot of the sites that offer upgrades recomend the FCR39 and 41.

I love my FCR's as well and wouldn't think of trading them for anything. (Except for maybe dual 41's)

Old 12-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

speaking for myself, I have several reasons for not running them.

first of course is cost, and not just the cost of the carbs and intake and filter kit, but also tuning and dyno time.

second is the terrain I frequent requires the protection of an airbox, so dual carb mount filters would limit where I can go.

3rd is the need for twist throttle - I prefer thumb for the tight technical woods riding I do alot of.

BUT - dunes are my favorite, and I find myself riding more and more dunes, and less and less gncc style each and every year. I am getting to the point of keeping my eye open for a good deal on a used dual carb setup, and see if I can overcome some of the afore mentioned cons of having them.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Mark-I am interested in some duall alky carbs w/ snorkles. I just want the to be close as far as jetting so I dont have to go through all the tuning fiasco again. I wish I would have gave my dualls I got from Major a chance. The top end was great but I couldnt get the bottom to wake up. Id have my pilot run alky/nitro on this motor then have to spray.

Larry, How are you? Where have you been, I dont see you and Dave around here that often yall must be busy. Hows Dave and the kids?

Old 12-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Been running the dual FCR's with the thumb throttle for a couple years now. On the long run from Glamis to Gordon's Well I rolled my hand down a little to where I was pushing my throttle with my hand. The throttle is the stock DS thumb throttle and cable. . . just need an adapter for the carb cable that TVI has set me up with (Majorecho told me about this set-up.)

Old 12-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Ive been considering running dual FCR on my bike but Ive been told that the CT pipe wont clear the carbs. Ive been also considering going to Alky I just dont know if I really want to deal with all the tuning issues. I may bite the bullet and go fuel injection to deal with the alcohol. Problem is Im planning on a full on drag bike this spring/summer so I dont know if I really want to keep pouring money into my DS. Ive been thinking about skipping over the rotax and having Dave Moore build me a frame for a turbo busa. Ive been kicking it around for awhile. To get to 140 hp on a rotax im sure will be over 10k for just the motor. Sorry I got off topic. I was thinking out loud again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] What do you guys think?

Old 12-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Gee, I seem to think I know of someone that used to have a set that no one wanted.

Also had a moddified CT exhaust that did clear the carbs.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mario...yup we are still here lurking in the background[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Dave doesn't seem to post to much anymore but he's here somewhere..lol
Justin is chomping at the bit and trying to talk his dad into buying a couple new quads. yfz and a 700. We are headed for Glamis for New Years. So We prolly won't hook up till MLK weekend.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Scatterbrain, I have a buddy that has a turbo busa and broke his tranny with the power so he is having a billet tranny built for 9,300 dollars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Speed cost money LOL how fast do ya want to go he he he And I thought 2,400 for a shee billet tranny was toooo high LOL

Old 12-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had good luck with my FCRs for the dunes

Quick Reply: FCR 39 Keihin Dual Carbs - Who's running them? I love mine!