CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans 2006!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans 2006!!!!!!

cc1999 looks like your loaded for bear in the utility class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My motor is still all stock with the exception of hot cams. Does that 15lb bottle still fit in your box? All I have is the 3lb bottle that came with the kit so if I run alot of races I know I'll be empty by the end of the day.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

I will have them fill my small bottel back up in case you need to borrow it. That is as long as you are not beeting me LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

As far as I know its going to fit in the box, It had better, they stick it to ya, for those big tanks. I think that bottle, gage, and mounting kit were over 300 bucks. I have not got it back from the shop, so I have not seen the bill yet.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just want to clarify what is about to take place and kinda shed some light on the classes that will be run on March 11th for the official results.

OEM Chassis-----Just like it came from the factory. (Any engine mod, swingarm mod, wheelie bar is accepted)
Drag Chassis----Any chassis and engine has to be atv derived.
Open -------------Any chassis, Any engine. (Snomoquads, Streetbike conversions)
Utility-------------Any chassis mod, (2-Stroke or 4-Stroke) Engine mod but atv has to be a 4x4. Plain and Simple!

Remember this is strictly heads-up racing, run what ya brung and hope ya brought enough.

This will be determined whether your running either a 4-stroke or a 2-stroke engine with the exception of the Utility Class.

The determining factor is whether your running a stretched out chassis, stock chassis or a 4x4. I think this is pretty cut and dry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Allowing extend swingarms and wheelie bars in the stock chassis seems to elliminate allot of fokes running DS 650's and Raptors and 450r's ,ect. that may have allot of mods and are fast but there going to be pit against wild drag bikes that just have a factory frames. I am not a regular to the drag seen really, so forgive me for being green. I just do not see allot differnce in the stock and modified chassis class structure. I am not really speaking for myself because I will have fun in the Utility class anyway. However back when I had my raptor, it was pretty quick and I had accsess to my brothers banshee that was really quick, I would have never made a trip like this to go get sand blasted by a bunch of drag quads.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I totally understand what you mean. But there is a huge difference between a stock chassis and a modified chassis. Trust me. You will see when you get here. You will have to be making big power in all the classes to be competitive.

Oh yeah, the only way you get pited against a drag banshee with your 4x4 is if you win the Utility Class and will have to face these other winners of their respected class in the King Of The Hill race.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I see allot of fast drag quads at our sand dunes up here where we ride all the time, So I already know the outcome of that race should I make it through the Utilty class.

Just seems there should be an unlimited stock wheel base class or something where no wheelie bars allowed kinda deal for the kinda fokes that don't have pure drag quads, but have fast quads just the same, that want to come and compete. I have seen allot of fast quads that would normaly be more crosscountry type racers that I would think would have fun at a deal like this. From the races I have seen up here, there is know way a stock swing arm machine is going to beat a drag quad. No big deal to me either way just my 2 cents for getting more players for the games.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
I see allot of fast drag quads at our sand dunes up here where we ride all the time, So I already know the outcome of that race should I make it through the Utilty class.

Just seems there should be an unlimited stock wheel base class or something where no wheelie bars allowed kinda deal for the kinda fokes that don't have pure drag quads, but have fast quads just the same, that want to come and compete. I have seen allot of fast quads that would normaly be more crosscountry type racers that I would think would have fun at a deal like this. From the races I have seen up here, there is know way a stock swing arm machine is going to beat a drag quad. No big deal to me either way just my 2 cents for getting more players for the games.
keep in mind this is drag race choose is talking about......
thus there will be drag quads there......
this is only for the organized racing.......you are more than welcome to race whoever you please .........just not during the hour or so it takes for the organized races........

Old 02-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with what your saying and that will be taken into consideration for the next event. But this event is pretty much chalked out now and preparations have already been made. We get the tree installed and everything is cool then we will start incorporating more classes and possibly more days to run. Its only gonna get bigger as the events progress. I can promise you that you and your group will have a blast. This is not one of those races where everybody is tensed up and on edge watching to see if anybody is dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's. We are just a bunch of good ole boys out there to have a good time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds great, I am verry much looking forward to it. It will be my first organized race adventure. I can't hardly wait.

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans 2006!!!!!!