CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just Dynoed Stock Bore on Alky!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Dynoed Stock Bore on Alky!!!

drag tip????? what drag tip? I haven't seen no stinking drag tip... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Not sure what I will dyno with next. You can be sure that I'll have my "A" game. You got my "c+" game. But make no mistake, when we get to the hill I'm gettin' trounsed next time - maybe! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

My 35 shot of juice along with my super secret stuff that's on it's way might just have you licking your wounds.

Don't hate the playa! Hate the game!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I cannot believe how far people will go to get glory and make themselves feel better.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

Big daddy you've got a lot of room for improvement and a nice package to do it with. Both sets of numbers are good for what they are. DSmike was in our neck of the woods 3 or 4 years ago racing Zombie, his bike was 61hp on the dyno here, don't know which motor that was, but it rocked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] that was alky no NM that I'm aware of.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

That's my point Crazy, I'm only a few ponies away from that and I run pump gas.

When Mario posted our numbers, I was expecting exactly what I got. Would I have like to have had more? YOu bet ya! But according to HPR's site, I got just what was advertised. I saw my 10 ponies, and the needle was a little thin. I think that the NINJA motor is AWSOME, and with my own ears heard Randal praise the motor. But for some reason, everyone started jumping on my HPR 730 seemingly ignoring the gain from my stage two. Simple facts are that this HPR730 kit is stellar. I don't run Alchohol, nor do I dump the magic-makers in. I'm not a drag racer, but I love to shoot the hills. Most don't think the bike is doing much until I get off and walk over to their bike. MOST shut up right away.... For me to be competitive on my sled is amazing. ON light weekends, I NEVER get beat. ON big weekends, I ALWAYS get beat. Then again, if I were to build a busa quad, I'm sure I'd get beat by someone.

I will not be able to attend 4SW this year. My hope was to have 222 or Mr. HP pilot my sled. Being a good guy, I actually screwed myself. I'm flying my wifes father in from Kansas. Kind of a late Christmas present - still a secret though. But boy, I would have loved to see a couple of you pinheads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] get smoked by the BigDaddy Desert Donut. If you jokers are still around next year, I'll see you there.

Count on it!

That means you too Ninja! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
80hp at 12.5?????? No offense, but I'd like to see that as well. Do Banshees even make power that high? I'm not arguing... I really don't know.

One thing I don't get. Help me out if you guys can. I seem to be missing something here.

The bike that was dyno'd on Nitro, was a 14:1 motor with a full race head and race cams. An obviously built carb and it made 3.5 hp more than mine with a trail head and trail cams. Choose was ******* my motor and touts this one? Why you doggin me choose, when my motor after a good tuning would probably make the same power? Seems to me that to make the 3.5hp more, the motor is set to KILL. What would this motor make on pump gas? I think that it's awsome, I just don't understand why I got dogged so bad. My timing isn't even bumped.

Am I missing something? Again, not to discredit what DSNUT is doing, he's a standup guy and obviously a serious racer. I just don't understand all the negativity towards my numbers with a motor set no where near kill. What would Mario's motor have made without putting nitro propane in the tank? Maybe straight fuel on a race head and cams would have made less. What will the big bore - trail motor do with a race head, nitro, drag cams and a drag pipe? I bet quite a bit more than 60hp and 50ftlbs of torque.

Don't take any offese Choose, but I'm still in therapy due to Mario's dyno post. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Help me understand the negativity towards my numbers.

Bigdaddy, Im very sorry that you felt like I was ******* your dyno numbers that were produced. Im simply trying to understand myself why in the world did a stock bore bike dyno so close to the same numbers as a 730. Be it an HPR 730 or whoever 730. I simply dont see it. Now until a dyno sheet is posted so that the gains and loss can be compared at a given RPM, I still think there are quite a few on here who are scratching their head thinking the very same thing. Look, Its like this...some people need to see to believe. Some dont believe everything they hear or read on these forums. So many others have said time and time again that dyno numbers mean nothing. But on the same token we all will rely on what any given bike will dyno so we can draw our own conclusions as to how fast the bike(s) should be. But in the real world, we all also know that the dyno numbers are only such a small percentage of what makes all of us go fast at the end of the day. If your totally satisfied with your total package, GREAT! Im proud for ya. But please dont take offense to what Im trying to understand as well. Im no engine builder. I pay my money expecting a certain amount of power for money spent. Plain and Simple. Nothing more, nothing less. Have a Happy New Year, Hope to see ya soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Scott

Oh yeah, DSNUT, Im proud of ya dyno numbers....which really dont mean anything to me, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't take any personal offense, just had a hard time understanding. The motor that Mario has is RARE to say the least. I'm sure that my motor will make more power if we had the same stuff. Head, exhaust, tires, exact same tuning..... CC's are CC's. Your question as to is it worth it is (in my humble opinion) the best question of all. For some, it won't be worth it. They may not have the same needs that I do. I ride a LOT of desert in addition to a LOT of dunes, and not just hill shooting. I play in the dunes more than I race - and that would be an understatement. But as big as I am, the torque of a big bore and making power over a larger spectrum appeals to me. I'm sure that for some, it's not as neccessary. They're probably smaller, lighter and need a high reving monster. The Ninja motor is a great example. The darn thing runs like a two stroke, and Mario uses it to be VERY fast up the hill. That wouldn't do a guy like me much good. The one time I need to lug, crawling rocks on a at mile 27 of a 45 mile desert ride...... Let's just say that I need it to be there.

I'll NEVER be a quad-drag racer.... TOO BIG. I'd have to have a 250 pound bike with a 120hp motor to be successful. That AINT HAPPENING!

I'm sure we'll meet up soon. Looks like I might be at 4SW after all. Have a good Pal going and I kind of invited my self along for the day. Hope to see you guys out there. If you see me, lurking around... don't be scared. I'm just a big teddybear. Come up and say something.

Choose, I can probably carry your quad on my back. You better be fast! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bigdaddy, Your exactly right. Different strokes for different folks. Im a lightweight drag racer who wants a very fast revving 4-stroke what makes power fast....very fast. I have 300' to get it done. But the fact still remains....until we get a dyno sheet up so the whole world can see...Im afraid there are still some unanswered questions floating around in the minds of some people. Yes, you can probably pack me and my quad on your back at the same time....but you will get your chance to see how a little ole measly 58 hp bolt-on bike puts it down, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure it's REAL NASTY. Going to 4SW?

Maybe I'll see you then.

Old 12-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
I'm sure it's REAL NASTY. Going to 4SW?

Maybe I'll see you then.
Nah, I was really wanting to go. But they dropped the bolt-on class. So thats why I decided to stretch it out. But now I need a little equalizer to stay up with the big bikes in the open class. So, I guess I will have to wait until next year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DollarBillz
dsmike bike made 80+hp
it still had almost 80 at 12,500 rpm's

LOL, Ronnie, that was'nt one of those time when you and steve were drinking was it? LMAO.

The actual dyno showed about 55hp at 12,000[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BigD, you are exactly right man, you should be very happy with your motor, cause it was biult to your SPECS and the power is thier were you want it. Its relatively easy to make 60HP. after that it will start getting way expensive,and then even that will not get the job done, in the end everyone will rely on "FUEL" and N02 to win drag races.

For what they were the 2 DSmike motors and mine were awesome! FOR WHAT THEY ARE. nobody should believe that these motors were UNbeatable, they got beat, but it usually took a really well biult big bore to do it. or a hellava lot of Nitrous!

But to answer Chooses question, YES. you can make a stock-bore scream and still be on a budget! The POWER is in the head, get a good port job and match your cams and compression according to your style of races, or riding style.
I personally don't believe in a "stage 3" head on a stock-bore. I think the Rotax head with great porting flows more than enough to handle 650cc. Also in 2001 we had to deck the heads for added compression cause the 11:5 was about tops. Today you can buy a super light wieght piston 14:1 and TI valves and springs! drilled out cams,and lightened fly wheels, you can get a Billet clutch basket now.

Mario, initially bought my motor for a DUNER, and was going to biuld a monster motor later on, I never claimed anything outragous with the motor I sold him. I told him with single carb and some race fuel it would crank 60hp (sorry mario, lol), but with dual carbs and Alky/Nitro it will make 70+ and I still stand behind that aswell. But if he chose to change cams,and retards the timing back to factory, then he will have a great dune motor aswell.

bigger.

Quick Reply: Just Dynoed Stock Bore on Alky!!!