CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

just got bike dyno'ed after mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got bike dyno'ed after mods

what i like is that hese still running the stock pipe!

Old 03-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

yes, a stock pipe and an economically ported trail/race head. I saw your new dyno graphs- it still needs at least a full turn richer on the needle. It's still leaner than the original runs and that's costing us some power.
Isn't it interesting how we're making MORE mid range AND MORE top end with a bigger carb and HR4-650 cams?? Turn that needle a turn and it will probably make more bottom end too!! Now throw an Ugly Stick on it and send it off the top of the graph! I thought that was a low reading dyno?

Disclaimer: not everybody can switch from HR3's to HR4's and pickup bottom end and mid range- it's the combination that works.

Nice.

Old 03-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Flyinds, are you doing anything special to your pipe to make it flow better, or is it completly in stock form?

Old 03-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

"yes, a stock pipe and an economically ported trail/race head. I saw your new dyno graphs- it still needs at least a full turn richer on the needle. It's still leaner than the original runs and that's costing us some power.
Isn't it interesting how we're making MORE mid range AND MORE top end with a bigger carb and HR4-650 cams?? Turn that needle a turn and it will probably make more bottom end too!! Now throw an Ugly Stick on it and send it off the top of the graph! I thought that was a low reading dyno?

Disclaimer: not everybody can switch from HR3's to HR4's and pickup bottom end and mid range- it's the combination that works."

No difference between graphs except torque has longer flat range at max torque on HR3. It takes a lot of comparison since torque and hp are not same quanity legend (i.e. hp and torque don't intersect at 5250). To me the HR3 looks favorable, and HR4 will only reduce torque further with higher peak drag racing hp.

Good Luck!

Old 03-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

you said that flat track tire give what 3-4 hp on a dyno? from knobbies. right? then if your off a jet or two that will take up say 2-3 hp ? right. ok so if i still had my bike i would be the same hp if not 1 more than flyinds. ON the same dyno. so if i would put on a drag pipe on his or my bike the dyno would go off the graph? well i dont think i did to bad for throwing some off the shelf cams and piston and carb AND MY OWN PORTED HEAD together to get what i did now did i.

plus iv only been to the dyno 2 or 3 times. so i dont get to try this and that every weekend.

sorry i just seen randall post " I THOUGHT THAT WAS A LOW READING DYNO?"

not trying to start anything.

by the way good #s flyin! it should run very good!

Old 03-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 222
yes, a stock pipe and an economically ported trail/race head. I saw your new dyno graphs- it still needs at least a full turn richer on the needle. It's still leaner than the original runs and that's costing us some power.

Disclaimer: not everybody can switch from HR3's to HR4's and pickup bottom end and mid range- it's the combination that works.

Nice.

Randall, I don't think they're totally up on tuning the lectron. I was in talking to them yesterday they said that the needle was out of the tuneing equation when full throttle and it was just on the powerjet. Flyinds needs more tuning info to give them so they understand the lectrons circuits better, so he can get the most out of his setup, cause I'm coming loaded for Bear!! Well maybe ground squirrels anyway. LOL. Can't wait to seee the new build run Dave.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flyinds
well got my ds on the dyno with hpr 4 cams, lectron 48hv and a little change in the exhaust. i gained 1 peak hp but it started to keep gain after that. pictures should be up soon.
Dave, put a little nitro in that bad boy and you'll see 20hp more with those cams.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

crazy i think i will need a little bit longer swingarm so i do not flip it over backwards, i got some 9 paddles extremes for it now. so it will really hookup know. give me call tonite if you get a chance.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yjacket2001

No difference between graphs except torque has longer flat range at max torque on HR3. It takes a lot of comparison since torque and hp are not same quanity legend (i.e. hp and torque don't intersect at 5250). To me the HR3 looks favorable, and HR4 will only reduce torque further with higher peak drag racing hp.

Good Luck!

Are you sure you are looking at the right graphs? I see just the opposite...
Thanks
Randall

Old 03-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

I've heard from several people that this is a low reading dyno- not any one particular person.

Crazy- I understand their thinking on the needle, but it does matter when you hit the throttle- it will affect the power alot at first and then a little on top because it's hard for the power jet to recover from the hot/lean condition.
On a wide open throttle drag race, never letting off- it wouldn't matter at all, though.

Quick Reply: just got bike dyno'ed after mods