CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ron Wood Stage 1 kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ron Wood Stage 1 kit

I'm thinking of buying the Ron Wood Stage 1 kit. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth the money? How about performance? Is it difficult to install? I have an 05 and need to know where to begin in terms of getting a little more performance. Thanks

Old 01-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

if your planning on bying more go fast parts later than yes buy that kit. if not then no. you wont need that $500 pipe. just get an end cap. yes it is easy to install. carb, k&n,cdi, have a buddy or you polish the stk intake and an end cap. then DYNO IT!!

Old 01-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, what Shmee said. You have to decide how far your going to go and work that direction. You will end up wasting money on parts you can use anymore due to your latest mod requiring something else.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scatterbrain
Yep, what Shmee said. You have to decide how far your going to go and work that direction. You will end up wasting money on parts you can use anymore due to your latest mod requiring something else.

Your right about wasting money. You will end up doing it at some point. Just get your goal in your mind and then go get it. The only problem is that goal changes when you reach it.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

OK I'm trying to understand. Keep in mind I'm new to all of this. Are you saying that simply changing the endcap will be the same as installing the stage 1 kit? The stage 1 kit is as far as I want to go. So would it be worth it in terms of performance gains? I would certainly be getting more with the stage 1 kit than I would be with just an endcap change, wouldn't I? What about removing the rev limiter? Am I asking for trouble here?

Old 01-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

When installing the stage 1 kit. You can install the right parts in which can be utilized all the way up into a very well build motor. (If you decide to go into the engine later). I wouldnt buy the TM45 with the kit. I would go ahead and buy the TM 48 and I would also buy the full Ron Woods system so if you want to really open it up on down the road you know have the option of going to the drag tip for the pipe. I would also buy the CDI box. Just trying to keep you from spending your money twice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chouser
OK I'm trying to understand. Keep in mind I'm new to all of this. Are you saying that simply changing the endcap will be the same as installing the stage 1 kit? The stage 1 kit is as far as I want to go. So would it be worth it in terms of performance gains? I would certainly be getting more with the stage 1 kit than I would be with just an endcap change, wouldn't I? What about removing the rev limiter? Am I asking for trouble here?
Chouser,

The stage one kit consists of the following ...

1) Aftermarket CDI Box
2) Carb, Intake Manifold, & Air Filter
3) Exhaust Pipe

There are L O T S of choices here ...

1) Aftermarket CDI - Big Gun, Procom, RWR, Vortex, MSD & some others I cant think of.
2) Carb, Intake Manifold, & Air Filter. Carb: Mikuni TM45, Lectron 46HV, Stock Carb Mods. Intake Manifold: Ron Wood Racing, & MRHP. Air Filter: No Toil & K&N
3) Exhaust Pipes: End Caps - ODP (two types) & MRHP. Slip On Exhaust: HMF. Full Exhausts: Ron Wood Racing, CT, MrHP, Big Gun and a whole lot more.

Any combination will serve you from from low end torque, mid range power, or top end performance. Find out what you want out of your ride, and buy accordingly.

Trending Topics

Old 01-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Then you can add NOs and be really happy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Man there is some never ending information on this site. Do some searches and you will see what I mean. If you are sure about only wanting the stage one kind of power, and my bet is that would change, then yes it is not a bad set up from what I have seen and heard. There are many other options out there like ODP pointed out and started listing. They are the choices you have to make, and I know how you feel as I am still trying to make all of mine....Good Luck

BTW welcome to the forum

Old 01-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, he asked about the Ron Woods stage 1 kit and that is what I based my idea on. But you are all right. He will have to make a decision when he realizes just what he wants out of this bike. There are so many companies who have developed parts over the last couple of years that can make you go real, real fast. Just have to make a decision and go after it. The leg work has already been done....just ask me, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes the stage one will add power too your bike. Anywhere from 3-10hp depending. That makes a difference. I would also sugguest a gearing change.

Quick Reply: Ron Wood Stage 1 kit