CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Need some advice on tires.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on tires.

Hey guys right now I do almost all of my riding in sand pits. I run ITP XCR Holeshots and they seem to work great. I am thinking about buying another set of rear rims (Douglas T9)

I'm probably going to keep the stock 9 inch rims for PA riding since they have some large rocks of there. The Douglas T9 rims I want to get are 10 inch and will probably be better for me in the sand quarry's with less side wall to flex when going into the corners.

Since I already have a set of stock rims with Good ITP tires I would like to try something different. Is there another tire maybe you guys have used that is as good as the ITP or better. Any input would be great. Thanks, D

Old 01-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

i have the holeshot xct's on my bike but my brother has the razrII on his banshee and he really likes them, but he said they suck in the snow.

Where in PA do you go, always looking new places close by.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

I went to the Quadfest last year. It was a 6 1/2 hour drive. Great time other than the drive. I will go this year also but they are having it a different spot in PA. Only 4hr 20min drive. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.thequadfest.com/thequadfest/index.html

Where in NJ are you located? I ride in a sand Quarry right by my house its great. People from PA DEL and down the shore travel there to ride.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

mud, rocks, and snow on a sport quad...... you need the maxxis sur-traks. the razrs are horrible in mud and dry hard pack. the razr 2's are not much better. i ride rugged terrain with lots of rocks. the sur -traks will be my next purchase after watching my buddy eat up hills that i slide just spin on. if mud is in the picture you need large lugs with plenty of spacing in between to allow the mud to be thrown off the tire fron the centrifugal force. hence the term self cleaning lugs. the sur traks accomplish this great. the razrs and holeshots have very little space between each cleat and that is ok for sand applications since dry sand does not clump but the sur traks have a more paddle like tread than the others so its great for all riding. jm2c. let us know what you decide.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the link Mrneg, I think i mite have to check out this summer. Do you go riding too or just go to watch?

I live in Salem County, my house is about 20 min. from the delaware bridge. RT 40 goes right threw my little hick down if you know that rd.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

I ride my 04 DS Baja and my 10 year old son rides a 03 blaster. We went and rode both days 33 miles each day. We had a great time. If you are going to go make sure you reserve a room now as they are already selling out. On the site you will find under accommodations different hotels. You can also camp out if you want to. If you ever feel like riding up my way just let me know. I live in Camden County. Berlin NJ 08009 I ride almost every Sunday. Email me or give me a call on my cell.
856 275 4614 My name is Derek

By the way how old are you ?

Old 01-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info about the event. We'll definatly have to hook up in a couple weeks. I'm 19 and ride with friends from 19-25