CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

All Sleeves are not the same?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Sleeves are not the same?

good points, I will look into the dimensions.

I know of at least 2 strong running 720cc sleeved DS's, one was turbo'd.

the bom has the aluminum sleeved 105mm cylinder here: aluminum sleeved 105mm cylinder comments on how this was possible?

Old 01-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
the bom has the aluminum sleeved 105mm cylinder here: aluminum sleeved 105mm cylinder comments on how this was possible?
That's why they call it a Hy-Tech cylinder. It is done in Germany and there's nothing like it done here.

It hasn't been COPYED yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think a 3/32" (0.093") LA Sleeve leaves ~ .12" of wall thickness with 105.0mm bore, need to look into some more though. if that's true, you could even do a 105.5mm bore with 1/16" sleeve.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: THEBOM
That's why they call it a Hy-Tech cylinder. It is done in Germany and there's nothing like it done here.

I would say improved yet!!!!!!! IMO I like a solid deck better for higher hp motors

Old 01-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just to make it clear!!! I think the DS has the best single 4 stroke foundation available!!! but we are looking for hp in the next year that will stretch the crank and trans like we are doing the clutch right now. We will have to work on advancements to stay ahead of the problems.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: THEBOM

I would say improved yet!!!!!!! IMO I like a solid deck better for higher hp motors
I wouldn't say improved!! I would say alterd. I like the Pami solid cast jug for all out racing.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nothing against the pami Jeff, I just like the structure of the solid deck of the hpr. Im working with a turbo guy right now and the first requirement for him to build my system was having support at the head that that cyl does not have.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

snnnnnnnniiiiiiiffff-- I can smell it already.....lol

I ran alot over 60 hp.. With a sleeve. But like I have said before, The sleeve has to be correctly installed. I ran one w/ 100 hp for 7-10 months then she warped up a little.. Prolly cause I got greedy w/ the nos plus I think I hit the button while throttle was closed and popped the head gasket. Eric has re done a few sleeved jugs that work great as of now from what ive heard.

Isnt the original pami jug a solid cast?

Old 01-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Scooby,

Nice pot shots. I just hate to see anyone throw money away. I have heard about your reputation for calling it like you see it, why do you expect any less from me? By the way, if you read my post again you will notice I agreed with you, I simply didn't like the odds. You still don't like the fact that I didn't take your advice regarding my clutch. Please get over it. I am pleased with my current setup. I respected your method, I just chose not to go that route. Playing word games with my user name is clever but does not do anything to bolster your case for engine sleeves.

Thebigshow,

My opinion is being voiced on a forum. Force feeding is a literal impossibility when both sides are allowed a say. The only way I could do that is if I had the power to silence you as you seem to want to silence me. BTW, after a little research I discovered I didn't have to learn about sleeves on the DS the hard way. I spent my money once and have been very happy. Also, if you tried the stuff I bought from my engine builder and the parts and kit from HPR, you would be excited to tell people about it to.

Erbeds650,

The only payroll I am on is my own in the building industry. Spend your money on whatever you like. I just don't want you to be disappointed with your machine. One thing you have going for you is the fact you will always have the stock bore cylinder you are pulling off to go back to if your sleeve doesn't work out.

I am surprised there are so many on this forum that only want to hear one side of the discussion. I am even more surprised to find people who want the other side of a discussion to be silent so that they can be the only influence on a thread originator.

Good luck with your build, erbe.

Ron

Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER

Isnt the original pami jug a solid cast?
Pami was the first solid cast jug.

Quick Reply: All Sleeves are not the same?