CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Roll Call MLK and a few Virgin ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Call MLK and a few Virgin ?'s

Well, we're down to crunch time and I'm getting about as excited as any 44yr old can get. Actually giddy and about to wet myself![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] This will be my first time and I've got a few questions that I've not found answers to elsewhere.
Seriously now, who all is definitely goin to be there?
From previous post I thought just all of the DS guys, and probably some straggleres, were camping in wash 4. From visiting PlanetSand it sounds like EVERYONE is camping there. For those of you who've been is that not very crowded? Seems each manufacturer would pick and choose a wash all to thierselves, don't want to be trading secrets with the enemy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] From my experience down there, it seems wash 4 is chosen for convenience sake or proximity to the "popular spots". Don't get me wrong, I am going down to see Pigs fly but also to put some Hella duning miles of the bikes, and it seems the higher the wash number the closer to the best riding spots you are. From wash 24 you are five minutes from those cute little red markers and there are mile after mile of untouched sand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
So if you choose another wash so as to not be so crowded, I guess all the DS folks could still hook up for tall tales around the camp fire at night, and some sampling of that Apple Pie I've heard so much about.

I've turned so many people from other sites on to this one that it's not funny and to then find out I used a forbidden word just kinda sucked the fun right out of me there for a minute.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But, cue that suckazz Flashdance music here, I'm so excited, that I just can't hide it...
See ya'll there. WooHoo

Old 01-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk and I will be there Friday sometime, camping at wash 4. I don't remember it being that crowded last year. Basically there were a bunch of circle camps with 5 or so rigs per camp. You are more them welcome to camp with us. I plan on camping with the HPR guys too.

Why wash 4? My guess is its any easy dune ride to Olds. Don't forget many of the quads there are not designed to dune. You will find that many people are there just to watch or run the races. I personally would rather dune all day, then stop by the races every now and then to see how things are going.

I usually camp in the washes, farthest down I like to go is 6 or so. I been down to 14 or 15 on the big weekends and I think it sucks. I would rather drive the least amount with my truck and dune the most with my quad.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

I'll be in Sat. AM with AZ Sand& WD.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

ill be in either friday night or early saturday morning, and camping at wash 3 witht the guys from The Pro Shop w/ the green YFZ

Old 01-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Range Rover

We should be arriving on Friday night and should be camping between 4 & 5....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

We will be there Thursday night sometime.. Have to run by the airport and pick up a couple of jocky's.......... And then heading that way!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

I will be at wash 4 Sat. morning around 10:00...If anybody has a spot I could crash on Sat. night, I will buy the beer..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Well I am still trying to figure out if I can get down there or not. I really want to go but none of my riding buddys want to go. Looks like it will be a last minute decision just like DS Days was for me.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

JMAC,

Get CoffeeRoasterDS to go, you could carpool with him & his g/f, that would be amusing, right?

Old 01-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

I called him and Teebone and it looks like they can't make it. I might just rent a van and head down by myself.

Quick Reply: Roll Call MLK and a few Virgin ?'s