CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boss Noss?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boss Noss?

"Im all about changing the perception of Nitrous, but I dont want to go back to the days of fear, just when we are making progress in the minds of people are considering nitrous as a safe power adder."

Thats whats been stopping me....fear! and probably alot of others. Although I have ridden with you guys and seen it work really well with the Boondockers kit. I am still not confident enough to test, tune and run it myself!

I have met and ridden with Jim from BOSS and seen what they are doing, and I'm going to go ahead and try it out on my DS. Hopefully I'll have it on before my trip to Dumont in a couple weeks. I'll post some feedback when we get it up and running. I've been contemplating this upgrade since the day I bought my DS, year and a half ago. In my opinion there is no better $ per HP upgrade, as long as you don't toast your engine cause you don't know what your doing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Marky,
I hope you can work something out and get involved with BOSS they are good people!

Old 01-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Old 01-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boss Noss?

Marky, I fully agree, good points.

Nate, you da man. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Here we go ...

1) Batteries - Not needed with the ATV system.
2) Max shot - 50hp
3) Max Duration - Until the bottle runs out. There are no restrictions on the length of time for the shot.
4) No Fog - Boss is pretty stonch on thier system - as explained to me, when you fog, the nitrous still enters the system way before the gas - ALWAYS resulting in an immediate lean condition. While this may feel good to the rider, its very hard on your motor. The spacing between the nitrous and gas is needed in order to have a balanced shot. They have Dyno charts here showing the nice consistant hit that thier system provides.

Anymore questions while I am here?????

Old 01-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

So the ATV system is not the same as what we have been reading about on thier pages? Does that mean that it hooks up like the boons system by tapping in to the electrical system? Is it still a regulated pressure thing? There is a constant additional shot of fuel being pumped in when on the botton, causing no need for a time restriction? We need full details man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What is thier overall price for our rides? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Was that enough questions for now?

Old 01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
So the ATV system is not the same as what we have been reading about on thier pages? Does that mean that it hooks up like the boons system by tapping in to the electrical system? Is it still a regulated pressure thing? There is a constant additional shot of fuel being pumped in when on the botton, causing no need for a time restriction? We need full details man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What is thier overall price for our rides? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Was that enough questions for now?
The ATV system is for ATVs - its NOT a converted system from sleds. The Smart Box is about half as big as the box on thier website because there are no batteries. The Nitrous is regulated. There is no limit on the duration of the shot - the only exception would be for the Banshee - Something to do with that system being different. Then they have a 30 shot max - but all others there is no shot time restriction. The fuel pump keeps up 100% with the demand. From a retail standpoint, the system retails for about $100 more than the boonies, but like some have already seen, some dealers are selling them less than the boonies.

Im headed back to Idaho Falls - More info tomorrow at the end of the day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2006, 07:53 PM
amd
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

That sounds much better!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Its done! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm in! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Boss Noss?

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Its done! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm in! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Boss Noss?