CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Piston weights by the gram

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piston weights by the gram

Well, I just weighed my old JE 105.5= 570 grams

My new HPR featherweight 14-1 stock bore piston= 495 grams with old style wrist pin and assembly oil and carbon on it. So from my old stock bore ron wood piston I still lost around 2 ounces and still havnt weighed my newer light weight hpr wrist pin.

So Mr Hp calculations seem to be right on with my application.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congratulations. You better get that beast ready to face those bigbores at the mountain during DS Days, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

PS: I guess you and I are gonna be the only fast stock bores in the crowd, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol, Im just building it so my pilot can DUNE it!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, Im a little more exited about the 1lb WE ARE GOING TO TAKE FROM ROTATIONAL... And Bigdaddy already pillaged some weight off the valve train, choo, choooooose.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
lol, Im just building it so my pilot can DUNE it!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, Im a little more exited about the 1lb WE ARE GOING TO TAKE FROM ROTATIONAL... And Bigdaddy already pillaged some weight off the valve train, choo, choooooose.
Now thats what Im talking about....lightening it up from the inside out, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Cant wait till mine gets finished, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I shouldnt be over a stage 2.8 ish. Im still worried about all the stock bores that are wild builds!!!! AND there running NAWZ

Old 04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yep, there will be some very high protein stock bores in the group....no doubt about that.

PS: Viper, Im just pulling ya chain friend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Viper and the Ninja will be the stock bores to beat. Any big bore going down there to beat them will have to run a healthy shot of Noss and by guessing will have to be close on setup, gearing and tires to run on that hill at optimal efficiency. My extra cc's give me about 10% more power but that is power to the tires, not to the ground. It will be interesting to race on someone else's back yard. I will be bringing several sets of tires and sprockets.........

Old 04-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im flattered by the vote of confidence Ron, But Im gonna have to do some more building and bottleing to hang with the more pepped up bikes like vipers and yours and chooses etc. I just want to run the stock bore all motor class. Thats what we built this bike to run. I could have had a 730 but im not ready yet. I didnt change my gearing when I went to Glamis, DS days OR Sand MT Utah. I think this time I should revamp that idea.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Let me get this straight.... AGAIN.

The trip you guys are talking about is in August right?

If so, my motor should be alive and well. I'm calling all you PUNKS OUT!

Just joshin'. Hope to be there and throw a light pilot on and see what she'll do. I'll be running the juice as well. A little 25shot should do wonders! :BigGrin:

Old 04-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Let me get this straight.... AGAIN.

The trip you guys are talking about is in August right?

If so, my motor should be alive and well. I'm calling all you PUNKS OUT!

Just joshin'. Hope to be there and throw a light pilot on and see what she'll do. I'll be running the juice as well. A little 25shot should do wonders! :BigGrin:
Bigdaddy,

You offer me some counsel while I set up my Noss and I will let you pilot my ride right past the Ninja! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]lol

Ron

Quick Reply: Piston weights by the gram