CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Rumors......

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumors......

Hey AZ, You piloting gary's ride? I hope it didnt blow up. I really want to see what builder makes it up the fastest. They just have to get it there first! Im hoping we will get some race reports through out the weekend.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

AZSand,

I was hoping you would chime in. Will that bike be able to make a good showing? I know Gary had some trouble at Dunefest so it would be nice to see some redemption this weekend. I never thought Gary would sell that bike.........

Ron

Old 01-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default Rumors......

I don't know what anyones talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

Sandbomber seems to have mobile internet access. I bet he gives us some updates over the weekend.

AZ,

I take you at your word. I guess some other guy from Arizona bought the beast. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ron

Old 01-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

I did not give you or anyone any word. I just said i don't know what your talking about ????? But i now too have heard a story of tvi's motor grenading[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That woud have to suck if it were true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I too wonder what FSW has in store for everyone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

I think I get the picture...........

You did buy it, you just don't want that to be common knowledge yet. Ok, mum's the word.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, I hope you can get her dialed in. For Dave Moore's sake, I really want that bike to make a good showing. Poor Dave was beside himself after the performance at Dunefest '05.

That frame really is a good frame, it just isn't a drag frame. It is meant to be the ultimate duner. My buddy has the other DS monorail and it is incredible on the dunes. I think it has like 16" of suspension travel.

Oh well, good luck.

Ron

Old 01-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

If that frame was meant to be the ultimate duner someone screwedup!!!! Thats a drag frame if i ever seen it.....there are several other way's to build the ultimate ds duner.And that was not it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the big girl had 11" of travel in the front and 13" in the rear and was the ultimate duner jeffs bike has the same travel or close and we both duned them monsters and they were unstopable.Dave moore built a drag frame period !!!!! I have been very dsapointed by many ds fantasies as has many others we all get over it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] SOONER OR LATER[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

PS: He did build the ultimate drag frame for a ds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

That is very interesting. Have you ever talked with Dave Moore about his monorail concept? What it was intended for? I have.

The monorail started with Banshee's as duners, not drag bikes and Dave did make a couple of frames for the DS. Dave's drag chassis' are something totally different all together........ and they don't have 11" or 13" or 16" of suspension travel.

Gary tried to turn a duner into a drag chassis. The first thing he did was remove the fox float shocks and install solid rods because the suspension travel wasen't good for groomed track sand drags at Dunefest. Furthermore the monorail has a very narrow window for a good launch when fully suspended. Since the swingarm actually pivots on the rear motor mount bolt hole. The motor sits basically centered in the bike. If you don't lean forward just right on launch, either the front end comes way up or you blow out traction at the start.

Most of you have seen the video's of the DS monorail frame prototype (which is now on the TVI bike) on Planet Sand. One of the video's shows a 40 to 50' jump and the others show how it flattens the whoops so effectively. They did have to reinforce the front arms before they sold that frame to Gary because one was damaged in the jump. They reinforced it so people could jump it without it breaking.

One more thing. The monorail is designed to give quads some of the benefits of a long travel sand rail. Look at how the front center rail turns up at an incline and how the back rail on the front arms makes a triangle to the frame back where the motor is. It looks just like a high end rail suspension in the front. There is literally no bumpsteer. The monorail after everything was put together with just a stock motor weighed in at about 345 lbs. That is way too heavy as a base line for a drag chassis. After you mount a KMS turbo system and a NOS system and fill it with fuel, there is no way a monorail can weigh less than 400 lbs (unless you have modified it pretty drastically from the way it left Dave's shop). I know what the second monorail frame weighed in at and it was reinforced in a couple area's but it was also lightened in some places. I think it ended up about 15 lbs lighter than the prototype according to Dave.

345 lbs give or take 15 lbs depending on the run number is impressive for a dunable DS. No one else can claim that. 345 is not impressive for a strictly drag bike. Choose and Bomber are already way lighter than that.

Use that frame as a duner and you will have a light weight advantage on all but one DS (the other monorail). If you bought it as a drag bike, you will always be the heavy bike at the track......... at least against the guys like Bomber and Choose. There will be even more light weight drag bikes to come.

Call anybody out to race you on the whoops. You will smoke them.........that is if you have reinstalled the suspension.

Ron

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

OH (as he neals to the ground) Father forgive me as i have sinned [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and i liked it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

Oh yea i also have a air card i will try and feed you guy's some info of whats going on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]