CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Rumors......

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumors......

I heard through the grapevine that Gary (TVI) sold his monorail turbo DS800 to AZSand. Any truth to that rumor? I also heard from a reliable local source that he blew it up a couple of days ago on the dyno trying to hit 120 hp. It sounded like he broke his own stroker crank among other things.

I do not want to perpetuate anything false. This merely to find out the validity of these claims............ If anyone has any knowledge of these things.

It sounded like TVI might not have a bike at Glamis this weekend because of this unfortunate event. Does anyone know anything about this?

Ron

Old 01-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

yes it is true, but i bought it we have installed everything that was salvagable and put it on my hpr bike those kentucky boys dont know what there in for , man there gonna be shocked when i show up. half there motor and half garys, i cany wait. no im just kidding i dont know anything about it. good luck to everyone thats going to 4sw.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

Man, if thats true then look out HPR. Az, is a hardcore racer. I hope it isnt true about the motor going though.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default Rumors......

I wish I could be there.
I went to KMS yesterday and he had a few bikes from customers that were going up there they were SICK they had a Bomber a yfz and a raptor all on NOS and Turbo Charged. These bikes were ready to tear it up They said that the raptor was the one to beat. I would just love to see them run but I just think of all the money I will save if I don't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

Gary posted on monday that he, AZsand & WD would be pulling in to glamis saturday AM. I hope that it's not true about the motor. I would like to see how it runs the hill.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

I am more sure about the motor blowing than I am about the sale to AZsand. Gary has been trying to sell Ol' Yeller for sometime so I thought it possible that Ol' Yeller was what AZsand bought, not the Monorail but............. the rumor was the monorail.

One of my riding buddies went up to TVI on Tues, Gary told him about blowing the motor and breaking the crank. The question is, is there enough time to put together another 800 stroker and drive to from Portland to Glamis between Tues and the weekend?

Everybody wants the monorail bike to be there.

Ron

Old 01-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I am more sure about the motor blowing than I am about the sale to AZsand. Gary has been trying to sell Ol' Yeller for sometime so I thought it possible that Ol' Yeller was what AZsand bought, not the Monorail but............. the rumor was the monorail.

One of my riding buddies went up to TVI on Tues, Gary told him about blowing the motor and breaking the crank. The question is, is there enough time to put together another 800 stroker and drive to from Portland to Glamis between Tues and the weekend?

Everybody wants the monorail bike to be there.

Ron
Depends on if he slept at all this week [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

I got a call from Gary a few days ago to see if I was going down there and If I had room on my trailer for the monorail. Unfortunatly Im not so I would venture to guess that it is just that.... a rumor. He said if I got it down there he would figure out how to get it back. As far as blowing it up trying to reach 120hp maybe, but thats far below the dyno sheet I saw last time up there. ( Im sworn to secrecy on the number) I think Kelly's raptor is going to be hard to beat, we all saw it at DS Days it was wicked fast!

Old 01-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rumors......

Just to make sure we are getting to truth, I followed up on a source of mine that said the crank did not break. They were trying to push alcohol on the efi and the bike leaned out and blew up. So apparently it is top end stuff which will be much easier and faster to correct. These guys confirmed that the monorail bike was sold to "a guy in Arizona" but were not sure if the bike would be running and dialed in to make a good showing this weekend.

Jose at TVI said the bike is already on its way to Glamis. Gary flies out today.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default Rumors......

Rumors how neat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]