CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash in LA??????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash in LA??????????

Saturday is the race day. Friday usually test and tune and arrival time.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the dyno gonna be there on Fri and Sat or just Sat. I am looking forward to finally being able to do a little tuning on a dyno.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
Is the dyno gonna be there on Fri and Sat or just Sat. I am looking forward to finally being able to do a little tuning on a dyno.
Yes, the dyno is scheduled to be there for Fri, Sat & Sun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Choose Been posting on some of the other forums tring to drum up a little utility competion for down at the clash.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Saturday is the race day. Friday usually test and tune and arrival time.
I'll be there Thursday trying to get set up, broke in, and dialed in....everyone welcome to come kick me around while I'm trying to get setup for the sand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Overated, thanks for that video. Always like seeing those big shees getting beat by anything.
No problem Mike, just for you I dug a video out of my archives that I never posted. Your in it, along with a lot of the other guys here on the forums.

Of course this video is back in the day, at the 1st Clash of the Titans when we were all slow. (Well I was anyway)

It is a big file (59M) so if you have dial up, don't bother.

Maybe this will pump some of you guys up and get ready to race.

As a note, all the video in this clip was taken about 9:30-10:00 Saturday morning....the racing was already heavy early in the morning. It was a good day.

Here is the video:

Clash of the Titans 2005

Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

Heck while I am at it here is another. You guys may have seen this, but is good for those that have not been to see the Clash for themselves.

Here is the Clash of the Titans Highlight Video from the 1st Clash. Preview of the whole day Saturday, plus a little mudding action too.

Here it is:

Sicily Clash of the Titans 2005 Highlight Video

Old 02-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, Fastfatboy. You have got my attention on that other thread, fill me in.
What are some of the Rules ?
What does it cost to enter ?
If there is not a Utility class , will I still be able to race in some other class that does not get me stuck racing against alcohol banshees or some other wild unlimited setups? I can hold my own with about anything with a stock swingarm setup, and a few minor extended rides.
When would I need to be there by to get entered to race?
I am not sure the best rout to take. How far is it from say Fort Smith AR or from Dallas? Either one of those places are about 5 hours for me. If I knew about how long from one of those locations I could do the math?

It sure sounds like a good time.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

I found this link you posted on a differnt thread . I still did not see anything reguarding an entry fee or a purse. It still cool if its all just for fun but as big as this event sounds I was just wondering. I also noticed they charge per bike to enter the park. It sound like its going to cost me to bring a spare, is that true or if there is more quads than riders in your party will they let you bring the extra machine in without a fee.

I did see a breakdown of the classes, I was wondering what constitutes the OEM chassis 4 stroke class VS the open chassis 4 stroke class. Would that mean if you are not running wheeleeee bars or extended swingarms you are considered an oem chassis. I think I could do alright in the OEM class even if they don't have enough to make the Utility class happen.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Man I was hoping to get your attention. As far as I know there is no entry fee for the races and there will be no purse. All it will cost you to come and race is the entry fee for you and your bikes to get into the rec area and the fuel you burn. From what I can tell they charge per bike so if you bring a spare you'll probably have to pay for it. If there is not a utility class, which from some responses I've gotten from the forums there probably will be, you could enter in the oem chasis class. But let me warn you ahead of time there will be some pretty quick bikes in that class. No matter what there will be a group there for you to run with that will give you stiff competion. Friday the 10'th is test and tune day with racing starting on Sat the 11'th when everyone starts showing up. If I had to guess I'd say people will start to show pretty early. Sicily Island is south of Winnsboro LA witch is south east of Monroe. I sure hope you can make it. It would be nice to finally put a face with the name and also I've been wanting to see your bike run.

Quick Reply: Clash in LA??????????