CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

position to mount NOS bottle??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default position to mount NOS bottle??

Would you guys mount a NOS bottle in a Horizontal position under the rear grab bar?? If NOT why??

Thanks Bud
"

Old 01-24-2006, 12:23 AM
amd
Pro Rider

It would work, But your going to have to take the pick up out and turn it around so the feed line wont point toward the back. Just take a large crecent wrench and unscrew the valve off and loosen the pick up tube and turn it so the bend is pointing toward back of the bottle. You will see what I mean when you get it apart.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am waiting for someone to try installing their bottle under the seat right above their twin LTE exhaust cans. LOL

Since everybody complains about the bottle not keeping up to temperature, the combination of the constant heat off the pipes and the insulation factor of the seat could make for an explosive powerband. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

One of these days somebody is going to give it a shot, I'm sure of it. I wouldn't. Not on your life.

Ron

Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

I still dream of having LTE's on my ds. There is something about seeing two good sized pipes sticking out of a quad that just looks awesome (especially on the ds) not to mention all of the LTE setups (no ds' but just about every other model) sounded awesome with the duals. If they were not so pricey I wouldnt mind giving them a try and dynoing them.

One question, why not run it in front, between the bumper and frame? I feel this postion, or under the seat (without duals of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) would be the two places to give the bottle the most protection in the case of a bad crash. If you did run the bottle under the seat with duals, you sure wouldnt need a bottle warmer!

Old 01-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Bump

Old 01-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

Its going to depend on if the bottle is siphoned or not. If its siphoned, there will be a tube that runs from the bottle valve to the bottom of the bottle. In this case, the siphon's job is to suck the liquid from the bottom of the bottle. So the bottom should be partially down, with the top of the bottle (valve end) partially up, with the bottom of the bottle towards the rear of the quad. This would be exacly opposite if you have a bottle with no siphon.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at 650viper's pics and mine we both have our bottle mounted under the seat and above the pipe. You have to take out your air box but the filter stays secure just fine with the bottle there. Mounting the bottle that way makes it real stealth and somtimes you will not even be able to see it from the side with your leg in the right position.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Bud, come over and look at my bottle. It's in the perfect place. Completely out of the way and stays at the perfect temp the entire time. You have to fab one bracket, and then it's done. I have mine on the left side of the motor (looking down from the seat) behind the radiator. There are a few pics of this location on the Boondocker site, but they are on other bikes. I've talked to the tech crew several times and they feel that it is the ideal location. If you are trying to hide the bottle, you'll be forced to concede certain things. For Example, if the bottle is in front on the bumber (had it there before this location), you are ALWAYS out in the cold. Angle isn't bad, but it's a sore thumb sticking out there. More difficult to get out and fill and lots of rubbing can go on. Under the seat is very cramped and angle is (imho) not good.
I'm sure that many will argue about bottle position....... heat, etc. etc. Just my opinion.

Just come over and ride it Bud. You'll know what I mean real quick. From atop my riding position, I can BARELY see the bottle. Pretty trick really. If you guys would like me to put a picture of it on my page, let me know. The system that is on there now is no longer on there. This new system ROCKS!!!!! Done wet system for years.... You have to try the BD to know how nice it really is. Sold me... and the other is just sitting in boxes.

Give me a call Bud.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Bud, come over and look at my bottle. It's in the perfect place. Completely out of the way and stays at the perfect temp the entire time. You have to fab one bracket, and then it's done. I have mine on the left side of the motor (looking down from the seat) behind the radiator. There are a few pics of this location on the Boondocker site, but they are on other bikes. I've talked to the tech crew several times and they feel that it is the ideal location. If you are trying to hide the bottle, you'll be forced to concede certain things. For Example, if the bottle is in front on the bumber (had it there before this location), you are ALWAYS out in the cold. Angle isn't bad, but it's a sore thumb sticking out there. More difficult to get out and fill and lots of rubbing can go on. Under the seat is very cramped and angle is (imho) not good.
I'm sure that many will argue about bottle position....... heat, etc. etc. Just my opinion.

Just come over and ride it Bud. You'll know what I mean real quick. From atop my riding position, I can BARELY see the bottle. Pretty trick really. If you guys would like me to put a picture of it on my page, let me know. The system that is on there now is no longer on there. This new system ROCKS!!!!! Done wet system for years.... You have to try the BD to know how nice it really is. Sold me... and the other is just sitting in boxes.

Give me a call Bud.
Thanks to all!!

Hey Big Daddy!! Just got the Turbo bike back together!! Doing some tuning to her now but sounds pretty good.. The Car is still out of comission.. Got the power steering fixed but still waiting for the new Xtreme axles.. They are becoming very popular and the company is backed up 30 days or so!! Mine should ship Monday!!

You still interested in buying a Car?? I got this plan where you may pick one up and it would be easy on your wallet,!! and get it passed the Mrs!!?? But then again I am DIVORCED!!! LOL!!

Later Bud

Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

CALL ME, CALL ME, CALL ME!!!!! That kind of plan is of GREAT INTEREST!!!!!!!

I'll PM you my numbers again. Just in case you forgot the BIGDADDY PHONE NUMBERS.

What happen to the axles???? did I miss something?

Quick Reply: position to mount NOS bottle??