CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who bleeds after an oil change

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who bleeds after an oil change

Hightower - What is, exactly, the procedure for bleeding?

Old 01-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

to bleed you remove the filter and behind it you will see a large screw head. you loosen this screw, then crank the bike a few times with the ignition switch off, until you get steady oil pumping out the bleeder.
these screws are insanely tight, and the first time they usually require an impact driver to break loose, unless you have a massive screwdriver that fits the head excactly perfect with no slip.

if you can't get the bleeder loose, and are exeriencing a red light for any amount of time at all after starting the motor, turn it off immediately. let it sit for a while, maybe overnight, and qravity will eventually get enough oil down to prime the supply pump. but don't just sit there for several minutes waiting for the light to go away!

Old 01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

if you can't get the bleeder loose, and are exeriencing a red light for any amount of time at all after starting the motor, turn it off immediately. let it sit for a while, maybe overnight, and qravity will eventually get enough oil down to prime the supply pump. but don't just sit there for several minutes waiting for the light to go away![/quote]

LOL Lesson learned (the hard way). I guess that's what I get for listening to the dealer and for being impatient. Hopefully, I didn't hurt my motor too much by letting it run at idle for 2-3 minutes waiting for the oil light to go off.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

I do almost the same thing with the oil that i do with the nitrous bottle. when im gonna change the oil. i get my old electric blanket out of the closet and set it on 10 covering the quarts of oil. in two hours you will have warms oil that will find its way threw your system with no problems at all. same with the nitrous bottle when i know im gonna fill , i throw under the electric blanket for about 5 hours that bottle is nice and hot. then i throw my little bottle in the freezer for about 30 minutes boy you talk about filling that bottle fast.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Range Rover

I thought this problem was fixed on the newer models. Can someone confirm this? Thanks, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]