CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier 800 vs. Polaris 800EFI

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 05:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombardier 800 vs. Polaris 800EFI

Now from what Im hearing the Bombardier Outlander 800 is totally dominating every other bike on the market at this point and time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx
Hello fastpat, welcome to the forums. Nice to see some locals joining. =]

I bought mine @ Grady Millers in Greenville and have had pretty good luck with them getting parts etc. They will drop ship to your house but I see your not too far from them. I'm not sure about there service department tho. I had an awful lot of bolts to tighten and change (stripped bolts on the nerfs) after they put mine together when I bought it. I also do my own maintenance. I'm also biased here being a hardcore Rotax fan. =]
By Grady Millers I take you to mean the dealership over on Wade Hampton Blvd. I was there a few days ago, they're getting list price and can't keep XT models in stock. Same for dealers in Spartanburg and Asheville. Unfortunately, V & V equipment is getting out of the Bombardier line, concentrating on their John Deere line, which doesn't include the 800 yet.

I may have to bite the bullet, if I want one, and pay list. The last time I did that was when I bought my 1972 240Z, new.

One thing is certain, with Bombardier's success with the 800, others will notice and upgrade their machines.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Fastpat, that JD dealer may be sorry in about a year or so from now. The JD contract with BRP is going to run out then, and Rummor has it BRP is not likely to renew. There is still not any info on 2006 JD models. I had one dealer tell me he was not sure but he thought they were not going to be getting any more new models from BRP. I have herd that JD tried to buy the designs of the traxter so they could continue building them but BRP was not intersted in selling there designs leaving JD to start looking at designing there own.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: fastpat
Originally posted by: xFreebirdx
Hello fastpat, welcome to the forums. Nice to see some locals joining. =]

I bought mine @ Grady Millers in Greenville and have had pretty good luck with them getting parts etc. They will drop ship to your house but I see your not too far from them. I'm not sure about there service department tho. I had an awful lot of bolts to tighten and change (stripped bolts on the nerfs) after they put mine together when I bought it. I also do my own maintenance. I'm also biased here being a hardcore Rotax fan. =]
By Grady Millers I take you to mean the dealership over on Wade Hampton Blvd. I was there a few days ago, they're getting list price and can't keep XT models in stock. Same for dealers in Spartanburg and Asheville. Unfortunately, V & V equipment is getting out of the Bombardier line, concentrating on their John Deere line, which doesn't include the 800 yet.

I may have to bite the bullet, if I want one, and pay list. The last time I did that was when I bought my 1972 240Z, new.

One thing is certain, with Bombardier's success with the 800, others will notice and upgrade their machines.
Yup they were doing the same with the ds650x, I was lucky enough to have cash when I went in and was able to get them to come down. =] I'm not sure with the new owners if its still the same, but good luck and enjoy any ride you get. =]

Old 01-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I cut a deal at Grady Miller's today. Will have it delivered next Tuesday. It's a Max XT, just like this one from Bomb's web site: My Bomb Outy 800

While I didn't get to drive a Polaris 800EFI significantly, I did try one a bit yesterday, fired it up, and got a feel for how it would operate and so forth.

Before I signed the paper today, I drove a standard model around their little test circuit and that did it. I wanted the Max for several reasons, utility not the least of them.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday in a big way.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to Wade Hampton dealership monday and they did not have any 800 Max XT except yellow one that is sitting inside dealership. That one is used or demo model. They told me that they did not know when they will take delivery any 800 Max TX. I ask about Bomb promotion and guy in charge of financing did not now squad. He offered me 13.9% loan and did not know anyting about $500 rebate or 3 years waranty. Did you get 3 year watenty and rebate? How much were you able to get price from SMRP? I will go there tomorrow to see if they know more about next delivery.
Kosinar

Old 01-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

I bought mine on Dec 24th Can I get a rebate on this machine I did get the free warranty on mine

Old 01-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: kosinar
I went to Wade Hampton dealership monday and they did not have any 800 Max XT except yellow one that is sitting inside dealership. That one is used or demo model. They told me that they did not know when they will take delivery any 800 Max TX. I ask about Bomb promotion and guy in charge of financing did not now squad. He offered me 13.9% loan and did not know anyting about $500 rebate or 3 years waranty. Did you get 3 year watenty and rebate? How much were you able to get price from SMRP? I will go there tomorrow to see if they know more about next delivery.
Kosinar
The Max XT I bought is indeed the Yellow one in the showroom. They acquired it as a demo for the Greenville Boat & RV Show, Feb 2nd-5th. The reason they had it inside was to keep it nice to show at the show, as far aqs I know, they'd not actually used it as a demo. I'll check again, but I think it only has a couple of hours (or less) on it. The machine I demo'd with was the red standard model, which was on display outside. There's a standard green one there, too. $8600.00 for either of those, plus taxes if applicable.

Right now, from Atlanta to Asheville, east to Columbia and west to Chattanooga; you'll pay MSRP for any XT, if they have one in stock, which is doubtful. The dealer in Spartanburg would have gladly taken my name and deposit, for a 60 day window of delivery sometime in February-March, he couldn't be more specific. I did get a deal on a few accessories, the rear rack box that only fits the Max for example. I'll see about a couple of other things next Tuesday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The nice thing about acquiring farm equipment in South Carolina is that it's sales tax exempt.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

The five year warranty deal ended at the end of the year but you still get a three year warranty with bomb. I just bought a yellow 800 max xt Monday and love it!

Old 01-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: geomann
The five year warranty deal ended at the end of the year but you still get a three year warranty with bomb. I just bought a yellow 800 max xt Monday and love it!
I picked mine up on Jan 10th and I got the five year warrenty. It's not advertised but the dealer can get or sell it.
You have to ask and pay. I think the dealer looses some incentives if they sell it to you.

It may be dealer specific or distric specific.
They may just offer it in slower sales areas.

Anyway, Make sure to ask and indicate that others offer it....Might work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Bombardier 800 vs. Polaris 800EFI