CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect

Hye Bigdaddy...sorry to hear about that. I'm sure Mr. HP will make everything better, and you'll be up and running again very soon. There is one thing you should be happy about though....just be glad you have a DS, there are some of us out here that don't!

Old 02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: MisterHP
[quote]
Originally posted by: Hightower

I am curious about the spring bottom arrangement you speak of - what exactly do the springs lie on, if not a typical spring bottom? They can't be just sitting on the aluminum. tell us more about this area built in to the head, to satisfy intrigue.

A spring cup is machined and pressed into the head on the intake side because the porting breaks through that area, when it does there is meat(spring cup) to cut into for propper port shape. The machined spring cup is basiclly the same color as the head where the normal spring cups are black. q]

Cool, I see, thanks for the explanation, very understandable. That is some serious portwork indeed.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Sent the Head and Jug back to HPR today. I have faith that this will all work out. Right now, I'm out of luck for President's Day. For those of you who were expecting me..... guess I'll have to take a rain check. I had hoped to meet up with many of you, but unless I take my Ranger out there would be way too much walking.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

BD

Old 02-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear about your mishap. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Keep us updated on the progress of fixing it. You will be missed if your done with the sport.

I'm calling out all forum members... how about we contribute a little green towards a fallen brethren? I'm sure he'll decline it but a few bucks from everyone to help someone out while they are down can't hurt. All we need a a paypal account. I'm certainly down to help my fellow DSer out.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

That's very nice, but there isn't a chance under any sky that I would take one cent from a forum brother for this.

This is something that had to happen. I'm glad that it happened to me. A VERY GOOD friend told me that if it would have happened to someone else, it would have been a nightmare on many levels for many reasons. HPR and I will get through this. Not sure where I'll end up and I don't know what kind of a motor I'll have, but what ever happens, know that it was no ones fault.

Thanks for the thoughts Entomber.

BD

Old 02-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

BigDaddy331 I'm really sorry hear what happened to you. I can only imagine if it was me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But have faith HPR hasn't let us down before so i'm sure this will be no different.

Old 02-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I know Eric and lord knows I bother the crap out of Randall.... I am sure you are in good hands. If it was another builder I would say your crap out of luck but I am sure they will help you out in some odd way, shape, or form.

Mike it would bother me (and others as well) more knowing your down and out than rallying a few of us to donate a few out of our pockets to help someone get back on thier wheels. Hang in there man...

Old 02-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331...Not sure where I'll end up and I don't know what kind of a motor I'll have, but what ever happens, know that it was no ones fault.
Do I see a stroker motor in your future???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

Sand, I doubt that will ever happen. I don't even know how to dream that big. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I can get something near where I was for 20 minutes. You guys have NO IDEA.... I would love to have made a big post on it's real world differences, but honestly..... I don't know that I could have articulated it. This was effectively their full race 730 running a Lectron HV48.
Brother, let me tell you. Power through the ENTIRE band. No joke. I think I made a pass at about 85mph. I'm just darn lucky it didn't lock up at that point. The Lord IS a motor head - I know it.
Just think what the motor could have done if the intake valves were opening up the entire way. I'm still sick over this mess. Bad thing is that the most important weekend (for me anyway) will probably be missed.

Anyone got a full-RACE-730 I can borrow for a week or two? sniff, sniff.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

its not i guess what you call a full race 730 but its a 730 on nitrous hpr4 swith race everything except no lightening of any parts, or you can use there new upgraded version of the head porting bike no nitrous.and it is not litened either

Quick Reply: HPR Race Head - Wayyy more than you'd expect