CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont bound- where are the vegas guys??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont bound- where are the vegas guys??

Got the tranny out today. Graffeo Gearboxes is warranteeing it>>......I was surprised but very happy. Thanks to all for a great weekend. Not sure if Bud is really nice or just crazy but right after I had tranny issues he asked me to take his new rail for a drive. Awesome Rail. All the creature comforts I wish I had in mine. Bud is working out his schedule to hit st anthony on memorial day. Any others want to make the trip.

I cant say enought about Major's Gixxer. With the powder coat it looks great. The cleanest build I have seen.

Duneme, to bad you couldn't make it. the weather was perfect and we had several good rides before the different mechanical issues. Hope to see ya soon.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Definitely ready to hook up with you guys again.

Can't wait to play a little cat-n-mouse in the rails.

I'm taking a couple weeks off in July so, not sure I'll be able to swing DS Days or Memorial. . . I'll probably push harder for DS Days in Utah. I've never been there. Pay a lot of money for the trailer so I can see some other dunes in other parts of this great country. . . I also owe it to the Utah Boy's for making the trips out to Sand Mt., NV.

Work is really getting in the way of my fun. . . But, I'm happy to have a job so. . . not complaining.

Sorry to hear you had mechanical issues. Reliability is fast becoming more important than fast.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

are is a link to some pics of the gixxer frame mods
click here

Old 03-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Curtis.........my man, that looks GRRRRREAT!! Very Very nice work!

Old 03-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Those are some beautiful pics.... I wish I wasn't a poor college student with a house and some money and time to dink around with my quads and build my stuff.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Here are some pictures and video of the trip and the star of the show is "Little Gixxey" The video does not load correctly each time. Try a couple times and then call your computer literate friend. I can watch them on my office computer but not my home computer???go figure.

http://imageevent.com/jclev/dumont22306?n=0

Old 03-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sweet. . .

I've got the same thing Justin. . . Old laptop that was recently re-formatted will play it. Other one won't. . . let me know if you figure it out.

Who's got the other street-bike ATV?

Can't wait to hook up with you guys (was it Cody??? with the Mini-rail??) Need to follow him around at St. Anthony and pick up some pointers.

Curtis. . . If the engine blows in the quad. . . I'll be talking to you. That thing looks SICK! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

cracker thanks for posting the pics/vids, I think #7 is my favorite, nothing like being boxed in by busas and slipping thru the hole[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Duneme, the guy with the Busa Banshee is a guy named Bob from the Lake Tahoe area, he was getting me out of the hole everytime I wheeled due to hard launch, if I rolled the throttle on slower I could keep it under control a little better. There was another guy with a 1200cc Turbo motor in a old LT500 frame, he was very fast.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

majorecho, you need a few more inches of swing arm. with a plus 10 your bike will be so much more controlable off the line . like your frame color. have you got stock shocks on it?

Old 03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

yes stock shocks, just revalved with heavier weight oil, ya I agree if I wanted to be faster off the line I'd put a longer arm on it, or put a milder tire on the rear, put it is such a fun dune combo I'll probably just leave it as it is for now.
any chance you're Busa Bob????

Quick Reply: Dumont bound- where are the vegas guys??