CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BRP Rally 200

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRP Rally 200

Im looking at buying a Rally, Does onone own one? Are they as reliable as the rest of the line. BRP only warranties them for 6 months and that makes me a bit hesitant about the purcase. Any help would be appriciated.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default BRP Rally 200

6 months is the standard warranty on most machines. What year Rally are you looking at? The newer ones have steel racks and the rear brake caliper on the axle. The earlier models have the rear brake on the shaft coming out of the tranny and its a complete nightmare putting rear pads on. We really haven't seen any issues w/ the Rallys. I do know for a fact that if you hit the override button while going in reverse, you better be on soft ground. I did it once on asphalt and it didn't feel too good when I got thrown off. Luckily there was only minimal damage to machine.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default BRP Rally 200

I've read things about the brakes on the earlier models as well. I think these are built in Taiwan but they do have the Rotax engine, kind of looks like a mini outlander.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BRP Rally 200

You know it does look a lot like the outlander and its really not a lot smaller. Ive been looking at the 06, it has quite a bit of power for a 176cc engine. Im really looking at it for my wife, ive got a outlander 400 and love it. Even though this thing is made in Tiwain, I hope it has the same quality as the rest of the brp line. Just not real sure about the chain drive but then again i suppose most sport quads have it.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BRP Rally 200

I bought my Rally two weeks ago. Here in Finland they give it 2 years warranty! Iīd say it is much :-)
I am interested if there are any differences between USA models and those they sell in Europe.
For example power issues.
At this point my feelings are only positive. Iīm planning to use it to go to work and just for having fun.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default BRP Rally 200

the BRP ralleys have awesome power. Been told they'll take out a recon in a drag race, which pretty much means the bear treacker and the bayou are likely done also. The most excelent thing about the Ralley, however, is the liquid cooling. I had a bayou 220 and LOVED it. but on really hot summer days (an bear in mind that when you're a 15yr old kid your on the gas the WHOLE TIME) when the motor got hot it would start to lose power, that's a problem you'll never have w/ the liquid cooled motor.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BRP Rally 200

Just got my wife a used 05 rally. It's just the right size for her. I am sure if it holds up to 15 year olds riding them hard and often, this one should last a long time with my wife just cruising the trails a couple hours a week. It is peppy for the engine size and it is light. I can move it around the garage by hand. I like the bare bones in the feature department. Less to go wrong. Ya, liquid cooled, great. And, she had to have automatic tranny. And, she did not want to spend a lot of money.
Manufactured in Tiawan? I am Ok with that. Bombardier is going insure they have a reliable entry level machine. They know if people are happy with thier entry level machine, they will likely move up within the Bomb family.
Anyway, we haven't used it much yet. Too cold and trails are ice covered.
Later.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BRP Rally 200

So far no problems with Rally after 500km. I mostly drive on tarmac roads so Iīd like to have more top speed. Does anyone know where can I get bigger front sprocket to increase speed?Bombardier donīt have those.
It now goes max. 75km/h on downhills.Thatīs about 45miles/h. I think the engine has enough power to get more speed just by replacing the front sprocket.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default BRP Rally 200

Cooler
I am sure you know, but.
Did you check the throttle limiter. Thats the screw and jam nut on your throttle that limits the amount of throttle travel. It's for parents to set the speed limit for the kids.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BRP Rally 200

Yes, that was the first thing I checked. How fast your Rallys can go?
I also found that this one has extra pipe coming out of the exhaust pipe. It goes to some sort of air pump which draws air into the exhaust pipe.I think it`s because of the emission regulations. That also takes away some power too. Luckily itīs rather easy to shutdown that system. It brings more power to lower rpm.
I still need that front sprocket. Does anyone know which type of chain are used in Rally? That could give some hint to sprocket problem?

Quick Reply: BRP Rally 200