CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ATV riders had some good reviews of the Outy 650 & 800

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV riders had some good reviews of the Outy 650 & 800

The shootouts are starting to come in from the magazines and it seem the latest issue of ATV rider are the first to hit the stand with shootouts containing all the the 600-700cc class machines and also a seperate shoot out for the 750+ class machines. The Outy 650 and the 800 finished no. 1 in each of its respectful classes. There are a few things I noticed that I thought worth mentioning aboout the results of these test that are different from the way other magazines do things. ATV rider put 7 riders on the task of testing the 600-700 class machines and 5 differnt rideres to test the 750+ class machines. So you get a broader mix of opinions from them. Also they printed each rideres breif ed, and final score for there placement of the machines. I like this level of detail over the other rags do to the fact it letts you know how each rider felt about the machines The Outy 650 had been placed at #1 by 5 of the 7 and number 2 to the other 2 only 2nd to the Rincon that was number 2 overall behind the outy. The Outy 800 was the unanimus victor, said to have set the bar so high it was in a class all its own.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Where are all the nay sayers now? Way to go Bomb. Another notch on the belt.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer

My concern on the Outy 650 and 800 has seemed to be concerns on the frames, breaking, and cracking, ECT. Need some kind frame protection?
We keep hearing about and all the electrical system is exposed in the back, another area of concern is hot exhaust melting the plastic heard they made a heat shield for that.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Most reviews I have read indicate the frame is allot better then the competiton. I am not sure what you think will hapen to it that would not hapen to another machine in a similar situation, like and endo crash or something. I agree the battery placemnet is a bit cheezeee but sofar I have not had any problems with mine because of it. I read a comparison test last week that was comparing the 800 to the KQ and they concidered the fram and underneath protection to be better than the KQ's. I have not hered or seen anything on the plastic melting issue you mentioned, so I can't say anthing about that other than its not happened to mine yet. I do wish they had put some kind of protective case around the battery.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:47 AM
Range Rover

We have 15 Outty,s around here and none has had an issue with the battery location. I'm not saying something could never happen but untill it does I wouldn't worry. IMO the battery is in a perfect location because it's centralized and down low for a lower center of gravity. Frames cracking and melted seat are almost non existant( herd one frame and one underside of seat) the frame was due to a crash and the seat was missing the heat tape in that area.
I would suggest a skid plate for rocky conditions. Overall the Outty's have held up better than most new designs.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Banned

Hi cc1999,

How do you really like your Bombadier 800? I was thinking about purchasing a Brute Force 750 this fall but before I do so, I would like to get an honest (non biased) opinion from someone.

I know the Bombadier is more expensive but any information that you can provide me with would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Pete

Old 03-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

The Bomb is worth every penny IMO. Out off all the top big bore machines on the market the the Bomb is the best I have ever been on. We have or have had every top model on the market today, except the AC's, and there top models have the motors and trans from our KQ and prairies that we do have. The Outy 800 is in a leauge of its own. IT IS THAT GOOD!!!!!

Old 03-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Banned

Hello and thank you for your quick response.

I will need to test ride one. The cheapest that I've seen these ATV's go for is $7,800.

You have owned allot of machines.

Thanks again,

Pete..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wish I could be as positive as everyone else. I bought my 800 new in early Oct. The first ride the speedo didn't work right ane the exhaust melted the seat and fenders. I returned the bike after the first weekend with 34 miles. The exhaust gets cherry red from the heads all the way back to the muffler. To this day the bike is still in the shop. There are more bikes out there doing this according to the teck working on my bike. I have had the bike back and forth between me and the shop several times. I have about 100 miles on it. If I ride it over 4 miles it starts melting things. The dealer had me call BRP customer service because they were getting nowhare with BRP's teck dept. They have run several tests and can't seem to nail the problem. BRP seems to be reluctant to nreplace the bike and the dealer has been trying to get BRP to send out a factory teck. I have owned this bike for 5 months and haven't been able to use it. It seems to me that once BRP has your money that they don't care about their product. I must have got a bike built on Friday at quitting time.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Whoa hoepig, that's some bad deal with your outty. I would scream right to the top if that happened to me. My local bomby dealer gave me an 800 to try for 4 days. The first day we put 70 miles on it and not a complaint nothing but fun and excitement. What conditions were you riding in, not that it should matter but was it really hot ? The one I tried was awesome and know of 2 other owners who can't talk about them enough. As for a review of my 4 days experience, the ride was unbelievable, the power awesome and the handling seemed sporty almost. I could power slide it around corners even in 4x4. One thing negative was the amount it like to drink, IMHO it is a thirsty bugger. If insurance wasn't an issue I would buy the 800 my ins. co will only write policies for 650cc and under. So I am ordering a 650 because it is supposed to be all what the 800 is just a bit less power. hp I really hope you get things worked out to your satisfaction. Try screaming a little louder is my suggestion. Or you could always advertise some pics of your lemon and let the bomby brass know your dissatisaction with their product. Might force them to act quicker.

Quick Reply: ATV riders had some good reviews of the Outy 650 & 800