CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Does anyone use EGT meters to monitor tune of exhaust gas temps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone use EGT meters to monitor tune of exhaust gas temps?

"Hard not to get excited about all those features. . . What a GEEK!!! "

You're not kidding. It takes all the hocus pocus out of carb-exhaust tuning (I can return that turbine and crystal ball I bought last week). A dyno is proof of output, but these are the road map to significant tuning improvements versus trial and error on expensive rear tire eating dyno. If anyone can see graphs of tuning component inputs, they can understand what's going on better than even tuning measure outputs. The mph gage may also be good after all, since in effect, this will be a rolling dyno and speed/rpm/time will be a good power measure.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
"Hard not to get excited about all those features. . . What a GEEK!!! "

You're not kidding. It takes all the hocus pocus out of carb-exhaust tuning (I can return that turbine and crystal ball I bought last week). A dyno is proof of output, but these are the road map to significant tuning improvements versus trial and error on expensive rear tire eating dyno. If anyone can see graphs of tuning component inputs, they can understand what's going on better than even tuning measure outputs. The mph gage may also be good after all, since in effect, this will be a rolling dyno and speed/rpm/time will be a good power measure.

Easy there Clark. . . better get back to designing that special Crunch Additive if you want to get your Christmas Bonus.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I run Digatrons, (sell them too www.45thparallel.net) I love them. You need to still do plug chops to get a baseline, then good to go.

I actually had them add in some options and made a kit for Honda Pilots. It ties into the reverse rev limiter (could tie into kill switch) and when a limit is hit it triggers it. I have water temp as an under limit (triggers the limiter until warmed up), battery voltage as under (ie. battery dies due to too many lights), rpm, speed, and EGT set as over limits.