CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Doc say's 'No more'

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doc say's 'No more'

Originally posted by: chirochris
if the issue is your low back and you want to continue to be on the dunes a more laid back quad like an outy 800 like you said would do the trick...the thing you need to stay away from is seated dune machines...when you sitting on a quad your back is in a perfect biomechanical structure as long as you are sitting up and not slouched over like a piece of poop...when you sit up straight and ride your back gets put in the proper positioning..what i mean is you will put the proper lordotic curve in the lower portion of your spine which makes it the strongest for gravitational issues(bumps,jumps,wheelies)

so if you decide to keep hitting the dunes and i suggest you do..make sure you pick something that you will sit upright and ride on....quad, motorcycle..you will last alot longer
Chris you are right on man. I took a bad spill earlier this season and compressed my back pretty bad. The next day I could barley walk, but I got on my bike to see where I had crashed the night before, and it was the only thing that made me feel better. The vibration of the bike and the upright position was just what the doctor ordered. It felt great. Then after I got off the bike my back tensed up again and I was laid up for a couple days. My buddy gas two reptured disks and he says the same thing about sitting on his bike. Sometimes its the only thing that works, and he's even got some REAL NICE PILLS. I'm sure part of it is psycological, but hey whatever works right.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!

Wow that really sucks man, you can still hang out here with your fellow riders though.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

I am reading this all and cant figure why the Doc is telling you not to ride, or what is actually wrong.

Only thing to add (sounds like lots of good advice already) is that if it is from injuries to your back you deffinately want to be considering a machine with pletny of suspension to soften all the hits, but then I remembered thats pretty much what you have. Just be carefull if thats the case with what you decide on because a lesser machine may only make things worse.

Lots of luck in whatever you decide.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

get a young college girl in your life. Make sure she keeps your back straight at all times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

but not too young............ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

right, not too young. but make sure she can cook and clean. Occasionally id let her out of the house to wash the bike too.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] thats wierd thats excatly what i did And im hear to tell you thats some GOOD ADVICE IT HAS WORKED FOR ME...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

LOL... I think she should have a bass boat and a 4x4 pickup, too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oops, wifey lookin over my shoulder. Big trouble now. Thanks , guys.
It may be awhile before I make a change. No takers on the DS yet and I am listening to you guys about the second opinion.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

wow sorry to hear that, well hope you find the right 2nd actually the college coed thing doesn't sound bad since were talking 2nds maybe you could just get 2 coeds, at least you might die happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2006, 09:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Cardiac
I am listening to you guys about the second opinion.
If it is your back, definitely get a second opinion and maybe a third. Im 46 and 16 years ago I was told by 2 doctors to sell all my toys and give it up.