CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Genoa Spring Jamboree

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:16 PM
yyz
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genoa Spring Jamboree

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: Goodsound
I take that back, there is a four mill banshee that accused Jeff of lieing about not using the bottle. So Jeff said " OK this time I will use it and I will give you a 6 bike lead". Well he gave him a 6 bike lead and beat him by about 10 bikes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

The banshee just kept going and went back to the trailor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Now that is what I like to hear![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Well played, Jeff![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And that was on his Dune Bike? LOL!

Btw, what kind of racing are we talking? Is it flat ground? How many feet?

we had a 4mil out there but were not the one that accused jeff of using the nos... we asked him if he was however... he said no, so we left it at that... but nos creates a stigma... so if you have the bottle on the bike, one should be prepared to answer questions and defend your situation... anyways, racing out 700-800 feet i clipped the bomb dune bike by a half bike length twice on fri night... and i don't have nos and am still on stock carbs... whether jeff hit the nos or not.... don't know, but that is not my "stigma"...

just a mild mannered 380 on 50/50 race gas with stock carbs... you know, a can of beer and an extra gulp to go!
http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/inde...howtopic=61170

but... had a great time over the weekend... thanks to all the bomb guys for bringing your awesome southern hopitality, bikes, and charm to nebraska for the weekend... you guys are so polite and i love the way you talk....

please come back again anytime and we will do a bit more to get our combo better prepared for 300ft... but it was fun chasing jeff down in 5th gear from a 5-6 bike lead at 300-400 ft [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

yyz

Old 06-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Do you mean you ran him down after he had already shut down?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I dont understand the can of beer thing, what do you mean?

Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
yyz
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Goodsound
Do you mean you ran him down after he had already shut down?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I dont understand the can of beer thing, what do you mean?

i ran him 6-7 times, and true he may have been shutting down, but it didn't look like it... looked like he was in it 'til we were out of space... i know he got me at least 5 times, but i was knocking on his back door everytime... tire combo goes a long ways... and, at the rate i was gaining on him it would have been just a matter of another 100ft or so (i was in the middle of 5th gear and pulling strong)... well that is a measure of horsepower, but it doesn't necessarily win races... e.t. does... the right combination to get from point a to point b the quickest... we don't feel we were doing too bad as it was our 5th time out with the bike and are still dialing it in... and please, don't get me wrong, we feel that you guys' bahas are class acts... we feel the same about our dirtworx shees... wasn't it just 3 weeks or so ago i was putting a bike or two on you with my 65hp 350 mid-port on sand stars?... then you switched tires eh?... then you were putting at least 5 bikes on my mid-port this weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

a can of beer is 355cc's... so, a can of beer and a gulp = 380cc or so... (and that's both cylinders too btw!)... i know, i know.... i know what you are going to say... you can't compare 4 strokes to 2 strokes.... but then why race them against one another?... ad-hoc run what ya brung outlaw stuff i guess... maybe i need to ace the stock carbs and go for some 39's as well... maybe that will even things up a bit... lol... anyways, had a great time this weekend and i am glad you had your bike dialed... it was running very strong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

yyz

Old 06-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

OK I thought that was you from your last post and now I know for sure who Im talking too. I got no beef with you Its a fact every body see's things different but the only thing for sure is that everybodies bikes were runing good and everyone had fun. Yes my tire change really helped THEBOM and Choose told me they would but I had no idea. Your banshee's are fast and definatly clean, everyone comented about those being the cleanest most well kept banshee's there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

PS: Your 4mill wasnt the one I was talking about in an earlier post.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

THEBOM's dune bike makes SOOOO much torque and power that he couldnt find a tire combo that worked. He started with 10 paddle rippers and was blowing those away, then switched to I think a 18 paddle Paddle Brat, and was also blowing those away, and the last ones he tried wa a 25" 16 paddle Extreme and I think he said those were a little better.He has told me in past conversations that sometimes too much power is a bad thing.

I wish I had problems like that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 01:52 PM
yyz
Weekend Warrior

i sold some 20" skats over the weekend (was an extra set), so now i am going to go tire shopping... i think we are running a bit too much tire for our carb/gearing/300ft setup... you probably remember me telling you that someone last weekend jacked my swingarm on my 350 drag... so i was running it this weekend with 20" sandstars and it still had a very formidable top end (just couldn't launch well with a stock swingarm!)... so think i will ace the 22's and go for some 21" extremes when the new swingarm comes in this week...

but you are right, everyone had great fun this weekend... thanks for inviting those guys up... we are going to take next weekend off, but will be back soon...

btw mark, my son will be back from louisiana in 3 weeks... supposed to be bringing demo cds of his band... will try to bring you a cd if he does and thanks for the compliments on the bikes.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

yyz

Old 06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

yes it was nice to see the ds run that well i might have to get one

Old 06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

So many friends such crappy typing abilities[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Where to start, first it was a priveledge to finally meet Jeff and Scott and their families. Its people like them that make this sport fun. CC1999, good to see you again and watch you spank the sport bikes, sorry about your XT hope its not too serious. Bad 350 twin you are always a gentleman even in the face of adversity, sorry yours wasn't running it would have flown I'm sure,Shmee your banshee was cooking, Goodsound, I was most impressed with how far yours came from LS. You, Shmee, and Jeff did an awesome job on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 2shoes you've proven to be a class act as well.good to see 300exrider, gassrx, John05yfz, Man your bike was quick!! Busman, You;re always welcome to be with the Bom guys, I think your a DS man at heart but just don't have one yet.

Bomberboy, I cant tell you how proud I was of how you did at the drags, You made every bike you were on a lot faster.Thanks for taking the win on mine. Flyinds and yammascotty, I'm glad you guys showed up sunday, and Dave get a swingarm, my back is a little sore today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Red lighting Honda boys sure didn't bring much to the table[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hope Jeff and Scott and their families have a safe trip home and want to see you all again this summer.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

I think we are all forgetting to thank Justin at The Off Road Company for smoothing the track. The device he built for dragging the track smooth worked really good. Thanks Justin!

Old 06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry, forgot to mention dunedevil who came up from KC for the day. Nice to have met you as well. And Goodsound your hospitality was overwhelming. It was a nearly perfect weekend overall, if bad350twins bike would have been running that would have been icing on the cake. CC1999, when you want to come back up here give me a call, if mines together I'll meet you there and take the thrashing you give.

Quick Reply: Genoa Spring Jamboree