CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2007 bombardier atvs

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 bombardier atvs

did anyone hear any news or rumours about the 2007 bombardier atv lineup

Old 03-14-2006, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider

In a mag. i seen a brp quad with a black trap over it. They said it was a sport quad and very good chance it was a 450 ready to race rite out of the box

Old 03-14-2006, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider

Who am i kiddin... i must've bumped my head. Get with it bomb!

Old 03-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider

Everything's getting shifted to down to Mexico... so you know its going to be slower, heavier, break a lot, and never be on time.....
I get the feeling what with the big shift down they are to busy to bother with makings something faster, lighter, and more reliable.....
I think HPR and On Dunes are the way to go .... they truely "Have the right stuff" no need to look to Mexico for cutting edge technology. Execpt maybe in a borrito ....

Old 03-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sport quad announced soon.....maybe a month or so.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Everything's getting shifted to down to Mexico... so you know its going to be slower, heavier, break a lot, and never be on time.....
<<<<<<<<<

What a load of crap. For starters, the move to Mexico has no relevence on 07 models.

You are talking mostly assembly in Mexico, the R&D will still be done by BRP and Rotax. You might be surprised at how many things you use that are assembled in Mexico.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

I'm sure quite a few of our daily purchases are assembled in Mexico, alot more than we realize. I'm also pretty sure that BRP's QC people will be making the move along with the assembly. So, what sucks about this whole situation is that BRP will reap huge cost reductions and we, the consumer will not have any of that savings passed along to us.

Still, we have the most reliable, dependable, and durable quads on the market, and in a cost comparison with Honda, Suckzuki, Yamahahaha, and Kawasucki we are getting a bargain. Well maybe not a bargain, but a better deal by far.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

It's a global economy. For years people associated Made in Japan as being "cheap". The reality is that the Japanese killed us with better quality at a cheaper cost.

There is a reason there are no major automotive assembly plants in CA, it is simply too expensive to operate here that is why so many have moved to Georgia and Tennessee.

BRP engages in Six Sigma Quality management which takes the old Zenith quote "quality goes in before the name goes on" as their mantra. Read their mission statement. This is the management style the Japanese used to kill us, taught to them by an American named Ed Demming. The basis for this style is that your goal is zero defects at the end of the production line. The typical american factory at that time would trouble shoot quality issues after the production process, go back, find the problems then try to fix them.

The concept is that you put the time and money into R&D so that the final product is as close to perfect as possible, granted it certainely isn't a perfect method as you do have the human error factor involved. It has proven itself over the years.

QUALITY IS REMEMBERED LONG AFTER PRICE IS FORGOTTEN

Anyone who has ever used cheap tools knows exactly what I mean LOL.

Under the right management style, the typical Mexican worker can tighten a bolt every bit as well as the average American or Canadian. It's more a matter of what they are assembling then who is assembling it. It's not like BRP is outsourcing its entire operation to Mexican nationals and just sitting back and cashing checks. BRP and Rotax will control R&D.

As far as the other posters comments about production being SLOW. Take a drive down the Salinas/Pajaro valley's near Monterey and watch those workers picking strawberries and literally RUNNING down the rows with flats to the truck(they get paid by the flat in some cases). Imagine that same worker, in their home country getting paid 4 times that to work in factory controlled conditions.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

YEA..... VIVA CANCUN!!!! sorry, spring break flashback.....................

Old 03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer

sonebody on this forum said that there will be a 300 2-stroke sport quad that weights 325 lbs

Quick Reply: 2007 bombardier atvs