CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Another "off topic" situation

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another "off topic" situation

The SHOE TRICK, hmmm, I might need to try that on my wife, ROFLOL...J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
The SHOE TRICK, hmmm, I might need to try that on my wife, ROFLOL...J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I did, I told her that she had to choose.....The shoes.....or me. Now I am divorced. Dang women and thier shoes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2006, 01:44 PM
TIC
Pro Rider

waynester... I dont have kids however I am 35 And have a 14 year old brother, who at the time My dad went throught the exact same thing my little brother was 12.

My dad sat my brother down and explained how if he really liked this "Girl" that the parents should get to meet/talk/visit with the kids also. Kinda like the old meet the parents deal but only on Instant message. Well after a little thinking my brother aggreed and My father actually visited with the girl and then her parents. It actually went smooth and both sets of parents were releived.

It actually worked out to where they even ended up going to church camp together and then the puppy love phone calls for a summer or so. Your case is a little differant because of distance. (alaska) my brothers email freind was only 100 miles away.

You know ive been married for 13 years and its somtimes hard to say I LOVE YOU on the phone with a bunch of people around. can you imagine being 11 12 or 13 and having a conversation with a "freind" and your parents walk in!? its hard for them.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

I caught my old girlfriend chating with other men online using a program that no one knows about but you. It actually logs all the key strokes and what sites she vistied. It runs behind windows and if you know what your looking for, you never know it is running and logging what your doing. It was designed for parents to keep an eye on there kids while they are away. You might want to investigate in some software like that. One is called spy monitor. PM me and I can give you a website where you can download a free one.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

wayno

tweenage and teenage privacy, at least in my house, is an oxymoron. It does not exist. it is your house, do what you think you need to do, but don't sit idly by.

be proactive, and make your son use the computer only when you are home, in the living room, where everyone else can see, then, at night, take that laptop from him when he goes to bed, and look through the comp to see what he has been up to.

better save than sorry.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigWaynester
Thanks for all the advise everybody. Just when you get one stage in their life figured out, they enter another.
He wasn't on the computer yesterday because of after school activitys. We have a great father and son relationship, so I think I can handle this situation. I just didn't want to go about it the wrong way.
Mario, I will see what I can find on Zig ziglar.
I can tell the teenage years are going to be fun.

are you sure he didn't mean dirk diggler??? lol

Old 03-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

WOW!!! ANNIHILATER is a hard *** [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I like to see Creative parenting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That is good. you cant just send them to their room. some kids like to be in their rooms. so how is that punishment. Take what the like away from them and they will get the message[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Big Wayne,

I think IMing his friends at school, that are his age is fine. But IMing someone he does not know, or that you dont know, is probably a bad thing, especially if he tries to hide it. We were lucky growing up that we didnt have that sort of thing. If you are able to restrict those IMs to only the people that you know, then thats fine. But IMing to someone outside your circle of friends is probably not a good thing. I always have said that 20% of all people are just plain bad. Unless you know them, rolling the dice and leaving that to chance is probably not a good thing.

I was pretty close to my mom when I was growing up - And I had other very strong father figures in my life that I felt I could go to and talk just about anything. It kept me out of a lot of trouble when I was growing up. Afterall, there is plenty of bad things that already happen on thier own. I felt I didnt need any more extra crap to handle.

Good luck - Oh and by the way - You are a great parent for thinking this through!

Marky

Old 03-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

lol, Ya givem an inch and they run with a mile. Kids are so easily distracted these days. study habits and respect NEED to be developed at an early age. Im sure you all know this I dont want to sound like a preacher. I have to admit its not easy, But there are some decent ways to deal with the kids these days. I just wish they had cameras in the classes so I could go online and see if my son is goofing off in class.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hard azz- I have to be...lol.. I know how I was when I was his age.. I had 2 girlfriends at the same time that I walked home from school with one holding each hand. Honestly I didnt get in trouble at his age, But I DO want to prevent him from doing things I did because I didnt get caught. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey here was my situation ,when my oldest son ,now 19 was emailing kids I found out were bad ,drugs and such ,I told him he could only use the computer off line ,claimed it was not fair !! as his dad I told him it didn't matter if he said he hated me ,I said my job was to get him to reach his 18th b-day and if he didn't like it he could move then ,I know sounds rough , but he kept on tring to get with his new friends ,
I cut his communication off with the outside world no phone ,computer and was grounded for a month ,this was when he ws 15 so it was a battle ,
he claimed I was denying his rights ,told him he olny had rights I gave him ,and my house were a dictatorship and it was me .
now at 19 he looks back and has thanked me for what I did keeping him out of abad group most of those kids have been arrested ,or girls are pregnant .
so put your foot down and if he won't tell you who he is talking to unplug the computer .just my .02

Quick Reply: Another "off topic" situation