CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier and dealer screws me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombardier and dealer screws me!

Saw a info commercial for BRP this past week in Florida and they are offering through the commercial special only 42 months warranty.

I can't even get them past 6 on mine, but they give a new customer 42?!

Argh!! If you read this Lynn at BRP, you suck!

Old 04-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like you need to find a new dealer. Also did you finance through their special program or pay cash? I know they have some limites on rebates and warranties if you use their special financing 0,0,0 programs, always gotta read the fine print. When i bought my 800 they said i wouldnt get the 5 year warranty(they were offering this last fall, only 3.5 now) if i financed it so i just paid cash for it.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

Why are you posting this in the AC forum?
Anyone should know that what's written on a contract is what counts. I smell troll.

DT

Old 04-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ductape
Anyone should know that what's written on a contract is what counts. I smell troll.

DT

It’s the state statute that counts. All state has laws to protect the customer against fraud. Call your dealer and advice the owner you will be contacting the AG This alone should get you your rebate. If not, follow through most people do not. This is a classic small claims lawsuit. Bring in all your material the judge can void the original contract. For example a friend rented a sled and did a few hundred dollars damage. He signed a rental agreement stating that if any damage was done the renter would have to purchase the machine at full retail after repairs were made. The small claims judge ruled against the dealer (in a NY minute).

Shonk

Ps You have duck tape for brains your not the gatekeeper for the AC forum.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Ductape

DT
Troll this buddy! BRP has yanked me. I love the machine, but they screwed me on my warranty as THEY advertised. I posted in AC forum in error the first time. So excuse me.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

Shonk, I'm not the gatekeeper, I'm just observant. This guy's generated 5 threads in three different forums about this same incident, and he's complaining about the moderators deleting other threads. Pull the tape off your eyes and pay attention.
For example here: FlyingRev: "Of course you could read the rest of my thread if the freak'n moderators would not have deleted a thread in which I am trying to get help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! " Link

My take on this is a disgruntled customer making as much noise as possible on the squeaky wheel premise.
I expect they'll continue to ignore him. Not likely many sales hinge on this bunch of threads, he's stirred the pot so much that credibility is diminished. I do think he's done a public service reminding everyone to get it in writing.

And if you think "he said" vs. "he said" is going to trump a written document in court, then I've got a bridge to sell you. With a verbal contract, of course.

DT