CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

drag motor vs. hill shooter

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag motor vs. hill shooter

Jed,
Justins gixxer will come out of the hole much faster than mine, it will be lighter in the chassis and the final drive by 40-50lbs, longer swing arm and just as duneable, the Gen II gixxer will be a really fun bike to pilot. Watch out for Ds Days!

Old 03-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
After reading this thread last night I was looking at the buell 1200cc w/ 103 hp and 84 ft lb torq. But I dont know how heavy the motor is. I think it might be a tad on the heavy side.. The chain/belt drive is on the DS side. But Ill bet it makes a heck of a hill motor.

I still like messin with these rotax motors though.
I think the buell is running a Harley motor which is very heavy. I think the ideal would be maybe an RC51 motor come to think of it. That is a 998 aluminum v-twin that makes around 125 hp. It would be a rare and expensive motor to procure.............

Old 03-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

NUT,

What about a turbo banshee? Too quick for you?
That's got to be the fastest dragster in the world.

Skinny monkeys driving your atv's couldn't compete against that.
Keep driving technology of course, but it seems futile after seeing that incredible display: despite desperate hypster/basher distractions.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
dsnut, good reply!

simple answer for you. We now have billet transmissions, that busa's glory is short lived.

couple things to think about. The busa was beat last time in glamis by RATV (not 4sw), and he was neck and neck with a twin over bw. His 500hp is struggling to keep up with 150hp twins. He will do better over memorial day because the thin air will affect the n/a motors, but with the new trannys we can build the motors we've wanted to for over a year without the problem of shattered transmissions

Beech that bike ran 106mph on 4sw this year...No 2-stroke has done that yet I dont believe.. no matter if the wins they had a few months ago were 1 or 2 bike losses...Till that 106 happens then he is the fastest in my book. IF a 2-stroke can compete with him then i give that 2-stroke some major credit...JUst had to to let you know because i seen this in person and seen plenty of fast 2-stroke run that glamis hill and nothing compared to the power that things puts out....

Old 03-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

fastest mph doesnt mean the win. he can run 120 up a hill but if he gets gated by 5 bikes and loses by one he isnt the winner. I already said none of the 2-strokers raced at 4sw, but banshee wars and prez day there were and he lost. No big deal, but it didnt happen. The bikes that are beating him were running mid 80's at glamis and 87-90 at dumont. Fallon will be fun. There will be some triple banshee's and some 1000cc+ twin 95mm bore banshees [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

DSNUT-You may be right about the big 4 cylinder motors and getting the power to the ground.I beleive that as with all bike,quads or cars that set up is just about as important as power and without both you are just spinning your wheels,pun intended.My wife has a 97 vette that has right at 350 horsepower which is not really all that much but because of the overall package including traction control that car flat puts its power to the ground very efficiently and rarely does it spin off the line on take off.The vette may not be a good example but my point is that set up is key and with enough research and tweaking i think a big 4 cylinder bike motor may be a good way to go.Because i ride the dunes in Oregon i have to take into consideration the ever tightening sound restrictions and a street bike could be piped to be fairly quiet and still perform.I still have a lot of research to do but it will be a fun learning experience.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Major, thats gonna be fun. When do you think it will be together?

Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Jed we hope to have it up and running late June or early July.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
DSNUT-You may be right about the big 4 cylinder motors and getting the power to the ground.I beleive that as with all bike,quads or cars that set up is just about as important as power and without both you are just spinning your wheels,pun intended.My wife has a 97 vette that has right at 350 horsepower which is not really all that much but because of the overall package including traction control that car flat puts its power to the ground very efficiently and rarely does it spin off the line on take off.The vette may not be a good example but my point is that set up is key and with enough research and tweaking i think a big 4 cylinder bike motor may be a good way to go.Because i ride the dunes in Oregon i have to take into consideration the ever tightening sound restrictions and a street bike could be piped to be fairly quiet and still perform.I still have a lot of research to do but it will be a fun learning experience.
I will watch your project with great interest and will offer any help I can. I to would like to try my hand at figuring out how to get a 4 cyl out of the hole. Sounds fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

DSNUT.After all the money that i have recently spent on my Baja it will be a while for my project but it will happen.

Quick Reply: drag motor vs. hill shooter