CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

More HP through weight loss

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More HP through weight loss

We talked about this a couple of weeks ago and I want to know who's been actually doing their dieting? I have lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks... putting me at 207 when I weighed in today. I also have been packing on muscle so I'm more streamlined... haha. Is there anybody else gaining more hp through this technique?

Old 04-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I tried another route, my bike went on a diet and I sent it to the gym!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So far its lost around around 40lbs.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Yea I like 1BigDSRiders idea. The bike will loose weight before I will. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Well I just had 4 pieces of Chicken, and some noodles for dinner......I think that was in the wrong direction [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

just remember, if you yourself are too big for too long, it is extremely detremental to your future. Any of you planning on being grandparents one day? I convinced my father to get the gastric bypass surgery last year. I had to remind him that if he wants to see me graduate college, he better fix himself. He's been so much better mentally and physicall ever since. He went from 360 pounds to 190. I'm amazed.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: monkeyinajar
just remember, if you yourself are too big for too long, it is extremely detremental to your future. Any of you planning on being grandparents one day? I convinced my father to get the gastric bypass surgery last year. I had to remind him that if he wants to see me graduate college, he better fix himself. He's been so much better mentally and physicall ever since. He went from 360 pounds to 190. I'm amazed.
Crap, how much will that cost me? Can you bill as an office visit, my insurance won't cover house calls [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

It's definately not cheap. You would have to look into it with your insurance. There are some qualifications for it such as certain BMIs (Body Mass Index). That is figured by your weight and your height. Depending on what company you go with, the costs vary as does the training needed. My father had to go through 4 months of classes and prep for the surgery, but he still says to this day that it was all worth it.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

I should try to keep myself healthier, I'm about to have my first at age 36. He's gonna run me ragged

Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: monkeyinajar
It's definately not cheap. You would have to look into it with your insurance. There are some qualifications for it such as certain BMIs (Body Mass Index). That is figured by your weight and your height. Depending on what company you go with, the costs vary as does the training needed. My father had to go through 4 months of classes and prep for the surgery, but he still says to this day that it was all worth it.
I was referring to you medical advise [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Start now, that way you can play ball with him as he grows up. It was really important for me to have my dad play basketball and baseball with me when I was younger. He was big then and I just think how much more he would have done if he as healthy as he is now when I was a kid. Often parents don't realize how important it is to be involved with their kids lives. Especially fathers.

Quick Reply: More HP through weight loss