CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ATV Alarm Systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006 | 04:58 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ATV Alarm Systems

Of my usual riding buddies, a group of about 8 people, two of them have been jacked.
Whenever I am on a ride trip somewhere and go to sleep at night, I always wonder if my quad will be there when I wake up in the morning. Or if I stay at a hotel on the way or way back, will it still be on my aluminum flatbed when I wake up.
I weave a thick vinyl coated cable through it and my gear, and use a massive 5/8" shaft cut proof lock. I put a club on my steering wheel. I have OnStar. But nothing is ever enough if the right person comes along.

So I decided to install an alarm system on the DS. A regular motorcycle alarm with a shock sensor, current sensor, the whole works. It'll blink the lights and fire off a 125dB siren if ever so slightly disturbed. When positioned under the tank cover on the side opposite the CDI box, if it'll fit there, it will be inaccesible for a thief to disable without tripping it. But I mean come on, who would expect an alarm to be on a quad anyway.

Whether its outside my tent, or on the trailer at the hotel, it'll wake me up. Then its show time.
And its keyless remote, so if a drunk buddy nails it staggering to his tent, I don't have to get my shoes on to go shut it off.

Anyway, the one I have on the way is made by Cheetah, they all sorts of car alarms and fuzz busters. It doesn't come with a tilt sensor, but it can be added. I think the shock sensor and current sensor is enough. Got it off ebay for $55 after shipping. Ebay has others that are even cheaper, but not quite what I was looking for. Most of the cheepies have sirens seperate from the controller, and not water tight like the cheetah is.

$55 is aweful cheap for so much security, hell I got almost that much in cables and locks man. And it'll be fun to screw with the guys around camp with the panic button. My only wonder is will the constant offroad use eventually damage the shock sensor.

Old 04-10-2006 | 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

I bought a heavy truckers chain from harbor freight and just wrap it through the front area of both of our DS650s.

Then I cover them with the BRP covers I bought. They were kindof pricey ($90) but they look nice and keep the dew off of the bikes.

Maybe you could make a quick disconnect for the shock sensor and remove it when riding and put it back on at night with a cover over your bike.

Old 04-10-2006 | 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I love the idea of an alarm on the bike. I have alarms on all of my cars and i have never heard of the shock sensor going out. I have sensors all over on my truck and I take it off road and have nver lost a sensor. But let me know if you ver do, because I think I might look into putting one on my bike

Old 04-10-2006 | 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

You won't see this very often, but I agree with Crash on this one. We have been talking about alarming everything, to make sure they are safe. Hightower, keep us up on the 411 with how well this puppy works for you

Old 04-10-2006 | 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hey..I got one for ya..Why not take this to the next step and put a keyless start on it too..Then you could really screw with your buddies as they are drunk and walking by it...

Old 04-10-2006 | 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Yah

I got an alarm........but not sure if it'll wake me up

(they better hope not)

Old 04-10-2006 | 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: squeege
Yah

I got an alarm........but not sure if it'll wake me up

(they better hope not)
Boy, I hear that......I feel sorry for the fool that wakes up my crew messing with our rides......My brother would probobly "Crash" right into them haha

Old 04-10-2006 | 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Since you can get your pet chipped now to trackit down...shouldn't you be able to chip your quad....????

Old 04-10-2006 | 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Crash20
Hey..I got one for ya..Why not take this to the next step and put a keyless start on it too..Then you could really screw with your buddies as they are drunk and walking by it...
Why stop there, you could make it radio controled and call it KIT junior. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Think of the weight savings there

Old 04-10-2006 | 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

hey why not it is already black in most cases...That would be even better for me that way when i crash it could just meet me at the bottom of the hill and i could try again. save me some work..i like it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATV Alarm Systems