CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Outlander not worth the price

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:30 PM
4ME
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Outlander not worth the price

10k? thats over sticker and than some. i paid 8995 for an 800 xt in yellow. you get what you pay for and yes its true it over priced but so is everything else in this world. $ for numbers the outlander is the best.$ for $ the king quad is overall a nice atv but its missing alot or things. no brp,well you'll ride with the best get smoked like the rest.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

http://search.ebay.ca/search/search....dier+outlander

Theres a outtie 800 on there for US $6,700.00 and the buy now is US $7,995.00 which is $9000CDN

Old 04-24-2006, 02:46 AM
Trailblazer

I never got a chance to drive an older rincon, i do have a 680 and i own an outty 800 max. There is no doubt the Outty has the Honda beat in power, but havin drivin a Brute Force 750 with a chip and pipe, the Honda is not to far off of that bike. It is true, after driving the rincon for a long time it is a very sweet ride and leaves you feeling alot less sore than man handling the Outty all day. Maybe it is because I am constantly pushing myself on the Outty, it is definitely a fun machine to ride.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:35 AM
4ME
Trailblazer

i have had 2 rincons that were 650's and the ride etc.. was great but i 1 key thing the were missing is power!!!!!!!!!!!! my lawn tractor went better than that thing. 58 mph for a lightweight atv is bad. i could say i had a slow one but i had 2 the same exact speed. you should not have to go out and spend 8k than 800 more for mod's to make it go. also no low range so that kills a work machine but i will tell you being a loyal brp guy and ive bought my fair share of hondas to know that the fit and finish is better on a honda. my outty makes more noise at 10 mph than any other atv ive owned but you cant have it all. as soon as you tap the gas you'll forget it all because the brp blows the honda away and even the new rincon.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

to the ones talking to brute force is better yeah if u like taking it back every month for new recalls one of my riding buddies has had three tis past year all broke. one he threw a rod with around 60 miles on it the second one broke a tie rod and flipped and totaled the bike ,. now the one hes had for about 6mths has been to the dealer about 4times now to get the frront end reuilt .

Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

i have had 2 rincons that were 650's and the ride etc.. was great but i 1 key thing the were missing is power!!!!!!!!!!!! my lawn tractor went better than that thing. 58 mph for a lightweight atv is bad. >>>>>>>>

I've had my Rincon up to 62. With the exhaust tip off I can do wheelies. There is a lot of untapped power in that 650 and I wouldn't consider it a "lightweight" ATV, it weighs almost the same as an Outlander. All around though the Outlander is a better ATV, the Rincon is more comfortable/easier to ride.

I'm actually looking to sell my Outlander 330 and my Baja650 to get an Outlander 800 or 650.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

The price for an 06 outty 800 should be around 8900!!

Old 05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

im glad someone is getting power out of the rincon. i dont know the dry weight of the honda but i thought and could be wrong that is over 30 pounds lighter than the outty. i got an xt so i have some extra weight. i dont know if anybody work there atv but another thing the rincon is missing is low range? in the mud or plowing snow i use it 24/7. yes as i stated the hondas fit and finish is better but overall the outty is just the best for all around stuff.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

What about the Bombman getting beat by a Brute Force 6 out of 8 times in 500 ft drags over on Kawieriders? Granted the Brute Force had a VDI copperhead, but Bombman was running a machine that was 50 cc's bigger and clutched and he still got beat, not by much, but he was clearly beat.

Value is very subjective. Most places you can get a BF750 for $6500 add a few accessories like a VDI CDI ($310), Works shocks ($700), tires (26" mud lites $300) exhaust ($225 HMF Slip on), and a performance air filter ($25 Twin air, UNI). With these mods you are into the machine $8060 and working correctly with these mods there is no stock Outy 800 that will touch the Brute Force. You can't get a stock Bomb 800 for less than $8200 and retail cost is much higher.

Granted you have to mod the Brute to get it to outperform the Outy, but it will actually cost less to get the Brute to outperform the Outy than it will to buy a stock outy outright. Plus, you will have a sweet sounding and great looking quad that is custom modded to your liking. The Outy will be just another stock machine with radials.

Don't get me wrong the outy is the best stock machine out there, but it is still overpriced. It is definately a compromise on whether you want to pay extra for the best stock machine or make the next best thing out perform the best for less money.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

I think it worth mentioning that the thread on KR was multiple pages long. Yes that was the outcome of the showdown, but in all fairness in those pages there were contless variables that came into play, Rider weight was a major factor and the test clutch that was in the Outy in those races was not as I recall an advantage for the Outy. Its not worth rehashing the entire thread, my point is neither machine was stock and there were allot of factors contributing to the outcome. I have a kawi that can beat my Outy but you can spend a heck of allot money to get there, there are also allot of thing that are still not equal even when you get the power thing taken care of. Like the comfort factor of the Outy. It is a very plush ride, with a seat that is hard to beleave just how comforatable it is till you spend some time on them back to back. I would also like to add that I know several people that paid 8000.00 or less so think what you like but price is subject to availability in your area and your own negotiation skills come into play, along with the willingness of the dealer to negotiate. I know the 2 local Kawi shops both sell everything at list price plus freight and setup. Where as the Bomb dealer here localy, I can get an Outy right now for my father who wants one now, for 7900.00. I know there is a Kawi dealer about 60 miles north of here that makes pretty good deals, but htat is kinda my point in that you have to shop around and play them against each other to get a deal that you feal comforatable with.

Quick Reply: New Outlander not worth the price