CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Outlander not worth the price

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Outlander not worth the price

CC I do agree. The bomb is comfortable ride. That is why included a quote price for the works shocks because I believe to make the Brute perform like an outy it has to ride somewhat like an Outy. I was just stating that the Brute and the Bomb are very close performancewise, and for anyone to say they're not is completely untrue. There have been plenty of outy's slain by the Brute, and I am sure that there are planty of Brutes slain by the Outy.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

You are right, with the right setup the brute can be very tuff. I have to say that my personal preffence is the Prairie chassis when it comes to Kawi's. I do share in your love of the Kawi twins, just prefer the feal of a prairie to the brute. The Outy IMO feals allot more like a prairie than a brute, thats probably why I like it so much.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Trailblazer

The performance of the Brute is good, with that said, My outty going down the highway (paved) for about 10 km right next to a Brute side by side my Outty had about 4-5 mph advantage. Me and the guy riding the Brute are about the same size (240 lb) the brute had a chip (for what thats worth??) the only disadvantage I had was that I was doubling a guy that weighs around 220 lbs!!

Old 05-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Range Rover

First off, just because the guy on the Brute had a "chip" doesn't mean he is going to get better speed performance. He might have a module. Modules only advance the timing in the bottom end. To get true performance you have to get a CDI that advances the timing through the whole power band. Really, despite the low end advance with the module, the Brute is running stock.

I have to give credit where credit is due. The 800 is ultimately a better stock machine all around than the Brute. You have to mod the Brute with significant performance enhancing mods to get it to compare to a stock Outy.

Second, the 800 has more horsepower, therefore it has a higher top speed than the Brute. If you stretch them out for long distances the 800 will always come out on top despite the load on the machine.

My biggest point is that most places you can get a Brute and do extensive modding for less than a stock Outlander 800.

To prove my point I have less than $7600 into my fully equipped Brute, and I guarantee you would have a hard time finding a stock Outy that could outperform it. And I also guarantee you will have a hard time finding a stock Outy for less than $7600.